Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

Are you expecting the club to be run on the Sheikh's money?

If the club is going to be self sufficient then price hikes, glory hunters and tourists are all part of it.

You can't get £250m of players who are on ridiculous wages and not expect to have to pay more.

Scotland_WC2010 said:
Are you expecting the club to be run on the Sheikh's money?

If the club is going to be self sufficient then price hikes, glory hunters and tourists are all part of it.

You can't get £250m of players who are on ridiculous wages and not expect to have to pay more.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I had a season ticket for years, except this season because of work. I have still ended up going to every single home game this season, but when i got a ticket in the south stand i was looked at like a piece of shit by some. Like i was taking up room for "proper fans". Concentrate on city and less about the people around you. Its pretty much turning into my willys bigger than your willy, i dont care how long you have supported city for as long as you love it when we win and hate it when we lose.

Plus, we still havn't won fuck all! You have to be some shit glory hunter to want a piece of it!

The simple answer is the club want the 47,500 people that will pay the most money week in week out to watch the club, thats a fact. Glory hunters/tourists call them what you will<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:45 pm --<br /><br />The simple answer is the club want the 47,500 people that will pay the most money week in week out to watch the club, thats a fact. Glory hunters/tourists call them what you will

M18CTID said:
masterwig said:
I misunderstood your point to be honest and I wasn't being entirely serious anyway.

I thought you were talking about the City away fans not the home support.

No worries - I know from reading some of your posts that you're intelligent enough not to have been serious, so I made that point when answering you rather than going in all guns blazing ;)

well patronized that man!

Since when have City been the BNP. Some of the views on this subject have been cringe worthy. You dont get a choice in the matter, once this club gets into your blood stream your hooked. The more the merrier. I dont care where your from just so long as you care.

blue1969 said:
Since when have City been the BNP. Some of the views on this subject have been cringe worthy. You dont get a choice in the matter, once this club gets into your blood stream your hooked. The more the merrier. I dont care where your from just so long as you care.

End the thread there i reckon. Well said

Ignore the original post, I worded it wrong. Obviously if you've supported City until now, you're not a glory hunter etc. But it will become glory hunters and tourists if the prices keep going up.

Comeing from a small village in derbyshire when going to my first game I had no connection to manchester it was just a case of a mate from school asking me if I wanted to go and watch a football game.
Was a few days before my 7th birthday and when told we where going to manchester and hang my head in shame because I got all excited thinking I was going to watch some other team from the outskirts of the city, I was even more confused when one team came running out in a horrible red colour.
I got a level headed start though we lost against sheff utd, the season ended ended well though it was 1974 and we all know who went down.
Not being local I've traveled by car,bus,train,motorbike and hitched to get the 70 miles to games.I'll even admit 1985 season after being a naughty boy and being on day release, my mate picked me up and we headed straight too manchester for the derby even though I knew wouldn't make it back in time and it cost me 4 extra weeks at her majes pleasure and just to maKe my extra stay worth while we lost that 2 or 3 nil.

Todays glory hunter/tourist/first football game may well turn out to be tomorrows die live for city fan for the rest of thier life.
Welcome them all with open arms,to the humour and banter you get at a City game which no other club can match.If the results are not going well this along with the passion for the club will keep them like many of us turning up year on year.

P.s I've wised up to the traveling and even after many warnings got myself a manc woman . I confess it wasn't the accent that was the attraction and after virtually moving there now I will over the next few years try and get her to speak correctly ;0)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.