Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

de niro said:
we wont end up like the scum,its just not in our DNA.

I would love to agree but think that the corporate side of the 'business' is already treading the same path.

It's not so much wanting them as needing them. I all honesty we don't fill a 47k stadium every week and there is talk of expanding the ground. Overseas revenue we could get from merchandise can't be sniffed at either. We are going to get them for sure so we better get used to it.

ATM I dont mind different accents etc Because we are all here watching City for the same reason (You wouldnt bother otherwise)

However there will become a resentment towards non Manc accents and looks as time goes on. Its human nature unfortunatly

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

Personally I don't! I don't want to end up like that scum down the road.

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.

Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.

Unfortunately it is sopmething that is likely to happen of we do indeed become an established top 4 team - the real question toy should be asking is do you want mid table medicroty or a successful team that attracts some fans we currently dont have - i know which one i want and i can tell you this - 30 plus years without a trophy is too fookin long.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
If you want to see what we will become if we don't expand the ground, look at Chelsea.

This man is correct!

City is in your heart - not in your location

I am an American, does that make me a tourist? I guess so, but I have supported City through and through since 2003 when Renya joined. (Will watch my first live City match this summer). But I sure as hell am not a glory hunter either! I think fans, including some of the American fans the club will pick up this summer will love city for the fact City hasn't won leauge since 68. 42 years is a long time, and I just have a feeling that 43 years later will be the year!

Will the club get tourists? Yes every club does
Will the club get glory hunters? No, you have to have glory recently
Will the club get true fans who understand an underdog story? Yes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.