Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqda-Lo4cU[/youtube]

Or 10,000??

Corky said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryqda-Lo4cU[/youtube]

Or 10,000??

ha ha LMAO - every time I see it i think that's sweet ......

but I belive he is more dedicated than many fans that attend the games

Good luck to the lad - maybe he is the next Sol Camp-bell-end

By definition the top clubs have wide-spread, international appeal. When the guy sitting next to you is from some far fetched place, you know City are going places.

smiles said:
By definition the top clubs have wide-spread, international appeal. When the guy sitting next to you is from some far fetched place, you know City are going places.

Guy next to me right now comes in from abroad from somewhere near Prestatyn tbf

If we don't get the new fans it means the project has failed and we won't be winning stuff. Sheikh Mansour is a new fan don't you want him?

If it was up to me i wouldn't expand, keep the family tradition the club has always been.

Chelsea have never extended their ground, if they did it would be full of prawn sandwiches, OT is far to big and just full of them, i'd like to go down the chelsea route,

our capacity is 47,000 and is alot, i'm sure we could fill it everyweek and not leave to many left out in the cold, it would hardly be shoving or keeping fans out if we never expanded.

I think Chelsea would expand if they could but their ground is pretty much landlocked. Plus despite their growing international appeal becasue of their recent success they have always had a historically smaller fan base than most clubs so the amount of glory hunters will be limited.
These fans are a necessary evil IMO, they are the ones who buy the merchandise and online TV subscriptions and boost the coffers and in turn improve our reputation worldwide.
Expect lost of "where were you when you were sh*t" songs from opposition fans, but that will just be sign of jealousy and proof we are a top side now.

When I first started going to City pretty much everyone I met was welcoming and friendly. Regardless of my accent, or my reasons for supporting the club.

It would be a shame if a bit of money and/or a bit of success was to change that, it would be the intolerant xenophobes that would be turning us more like the rags than any foreign supporters.

Corky said:
You don't support a club by watching on telly.

if we live thousands of miles away ...telly is the only option.

I have to pay cable for EPL just to watch City games. And if it is a non-weekend match, I have to stay up late till 2 or 3am my local time just to watch the game live on telly.

before I pray hard that City will not be relegated, because I won't be able to watch a City match on Telly here if City is not in the Premier League. (when KK got us back to Premier League, I was jumping up in joy, that I can watch City match again)

I'm not born in Machester nor English, sometimes it hurts to hear comments that we "outsiders" cannot be a true blue just because of that.

This debate makes me laugh. As an ex manc from Cheetham hill, when I first arrived in oz most people didn't even know city existed. As we have become more successful we now make the sports pages of the newspaper and that has got to be a good thing. I for one am encouraging all my mates to jump on board and I don't think we should be precious about who supports us. The important thing is that we don't lose our unique gallows humour and maintain the ability to take the piss out of ourselves

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.