Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

de niro said:
we wont end up like the scum,its just not in our DNA.

oh yes we will if the owners want this global brand they keep talking about you dont get that with 44k at every home game and whats the point in expanding the stadium if that is in their plans

new support wont bother me i know were i came from

To be honest we need these fans, as much as we need the passionite and loyal ones too.

It's our job to make sure that we keep the atmosphere electric and not fall into the prawn sandwich brigade. But it'll be years before we get to a stage in which we have thousands and thousands of day trippers.

The reality is the club need them fans as much as they need the hardcore fans. They need money to be pumped into the club so they can stand alone without loosing money, its simple really.

Freestyler said:
absolutely not.

rather have 44,000 fans everyweek with 3,000 empty seats, than have it taken up by them.
rather small minded i think. We only fill the ground probably twice a season now and that's with all the so called tourists, day trippers and glory hunters. How stupid will we look with only just over half full ground when we expand stadium to 60k.

S.E.H said:
Right, first game Wrexham 98/99, 6 time season ticket holder, sat in 3 of the 4 stands at Coms, sung bluemoon on stage at the Coms open day in August 03 when i was 10, I was there v Barca at the very first Coms game, am I eligible to call myself a 'real' fan?
Rag ;)

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

Personally I don't! I don't want to end up like that scum down the road.

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.

Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.

If I go to City and here Camown Sooty. I will go to jail. Easy as that...end of, either I choke or a cockney near me does....

I don't see a problem with glory hunters or tourists.

I started supporting City in the mid 60's as a young lad, and the next decade was successful, so was I a glory hunter? I had to start somewhere, and choosing City at the time seemed a good idea. I probably was a glory hunter, as kids always start to follow the successful clubs, but I became a blue. The point is, would I be a blue if City had been shit at the time?

I don't know, but it is typical that as a young child, I supported a team that won things.

Until recently, I worked at Manchester Airport, and I would see and speak to people from all corners of the earth who had come to watch United, and Liverpool as well.

They usually had their kids with them, and they were always excited and enthused, not only about coming to Manchester, but also by giving their kids a real treat and getting them half way around the world so they could see their idols in action.

They may have been staying in a hotel that was nowhere near Old Trafford, but I would make a detour and drive past the ground, and their reactions were amazing. And I enjoyed doing it, if I'm being honest.

The point is, I think it would be great if, in a few years time, families have travelled half way around the world to come and watch City.

Am I supposed to tell them to piss off because they don't come from Manchester? No way, I will be full of pride that they will have come to Manchester, to watch our team, in a City I am proud to say I come from.

If I find myself sitting next to a family that has travelled all the way from the USA, or Japan, or Australia, because their youngest son, or daughter, is mad about City, well, there's nothing wrong with that in my book.

They are City fans, you see, and they have come to watch their team for the first time, just like I did in 1967, only they live further away than most of us.

ManCityFC said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

Personally I don't! I don't want to end up like that scum down the road.

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.

Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.

If I go to City and here Camown Sooty. I will go to jail. Easy as that...end of, either I choke or a cockney near me does....

You still on here talking pissed ??
Thought by now that Mummy would have tucked you up in bed !!
Well past your bedtime !!! It will all seem different in the morning when you,ve sobered up !!!!
PLANK or a Rag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.