Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

Personally I don't! I don't want to end up like that scum down the road.

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.

Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.

Absolutely and definately not!!!!!!!

I laugh at United every week for this! and there are 6million people living in the north-west of England - that is more than enough people to pick from to fill our ground, 2.5million in Gtr Mcr is more than enough to pick from to fill our ground!

okay the attractions around the stadium can be visited by whoever but I think it's must we keep City Mamcunian, on the whole!

The more the merrier, as long as I have my season ticket my place is guaranteed.

maybe we should devise a questionaire/exam for prospective new City fans that they should pass before we let them in - alternatively we could put a sign up outside the ground saying - "No Hawkers,No Gypo's, No Irish"

danburge82 said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

Personally I don't! I don't want to end up like that scum down the road.

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.

Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.

Absolutely and definately not!!!!!!!

I laugh at United every week for this! and there are 6million people living in the north-west of England - that is more than enough people to pick from to fill our ground, 2.5million in Gtr Mcr is more than enough to pick from to fill our ground!

okay the attractions around the stadium can be visited by whoever but I think it's must we keep City Mamcunian, on the whole!
And yet we don't.

I'd be interested to know what bad effect these gloryhunters are going to have. Are they going to dampen the cauldron like atmosphere we experience every week? I think not. Are we suddenly going to be surrounded by clueless moaners and whiners who get on the players' backs instead of supporting them? Hmmmm.

"If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club"
Why? I am sure there are blues who have none of the above but for what ever reason decided to support them. Does that mean that a non manc who has a season ticket and travels hundreds of miles to a game is less passionate than a manc who may only attend the odd game.
I know which one I would prefer!

Top post, I spent over 20 years in the Army travelling the world, all the time I was away I tried to convert the locals to the blue way of life, I have left city shirts in places such as Belize, Kosovo, Botswana, Bosnia, Iraq to name just a few hoping that they would see the light. If we get tourists and glory hunters it means only one thing we are winning trophies and I won't complain.
SteSteez said:
Sorry people but some of the tripe i've read here it's like reading the BNP manifesto....

"you're not welcome if you have no link to Manchester".... if you are not born in Manchester or have no family born in Manchester you must leave now....
if you want success you must also leave now....

Our owners are Arabs, our manager is Italian, the players well we all know what nationality they are, only a few in the squad have some form of connection locally and they rarely get first team appearances.

an Argentinian is on the front of the poster that says: welcome to manchester.
I mean didn't we recently fight them in a war?

Get over it, we are a multi-national club where the shirt you wear is made in some factory in Thailand by some child who's mother probably gave you a special massage on your holiday.

Wherever you are from, I welcome you to this club.
I'm mancunian, i was born here and my families are from here - but the chinese kid who's parents own the chippy down the road is probably a bigger city fan than alot of posters on here, he hasn't missed a game all season.
is he a gloryseeker? yes... but if we are all honest we all want Glory right? so we are all gloryseekers.
the congestion around the stadium is there for a reason, because majority of fans live far away and wide from that stadium which is why they drive to there.

shaunthegoat said:
lee-mcfc said:
which posts are making you sick?

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc..

rather have 44,000 fans everyweek with 3,000 empty seats, than have it taken up by them.

And generally every other thread or response that has made out-of-towners like myself feel the need to defend ourselves for supporting City. As I stated earlier in the thread, I do not think that was the intention of the OP, but still some of the responses certainly makes me feel as if I have to do just that.

Ignore them, they prob never go and thats why we have empty seats.

We need global fan support, for the sake of the clubs future! If we want to compete at the highest level, bigger support - in turn, means more turnover, which is a good thing! We don't always want to be reliant on ADUG's cash, the whole point of all this development around the ground, is to create more turn over for the club.

I too leave shirts around the world!

To be honest some of the comments on here are wummers at their worst. There were a couple of lads a while ago basically saying if you don't go to matches regular your opinion means nothing that attitude is sad and tragic..
.By some peoples views my four year son must be a glory hunter he went to his first game last season V Pompey..He has now been to 30 games (Including most of the UEFA Cup Home games last year) his highlight of any game is meeting Moonchester and Moonbeam...Even created a Moonchester and moonbeam appreciation Society on Facebook to cope with the sheer number of pictures I have taken of them with him....Oh wait I AM A TOURIST :(

If you have a passion for the team then you are welcome in my eyes it's the ones who couldn't name a fair precentange of the squad that would wind me up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.