Do you want the glory hunters/tourists?

look at it this way if the ideas of some on here were enforced upon the club then we would'nt have been taken over and we'd be even more bitter, shit and maybe even in the championship. did the sheik and the adug not invest in us to create a GLORIOUS image of abu dhabi, seeking the GLORY of a successful team as an advert for their family and nation. glory hunters and tourists are exactly what we'll be attracting in the next few years, why do you think we are going to be redeveloping so much. if you want to be technical then they are glory hunters and will bring us many many tourists, of course looking at their investment and commitment to the club is phenomenal but if we want to be at the top then some sacrifices (if you look at it that way) will have to be made

Goats left knee said:
i am Irish. am supporting City since i was 11. that is 19 years. if you hear me shout . ffs come on City!!!

will you think . meh tourist! Johnny come lately??

I'm a sheep shagger but my old man is from Manchester, been supporting City for nearly 40 years now, i think i'd chin the first person who called me a glory hunter at Coms.

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

Personally I don't! I don't want to end up like that scum down the road.

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.
Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.
<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:48 am --<br /><br />
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
With all these new plans, the money we have and possible success we're gonna get, we're obviously gonna get some new fans/tourists/glory hunters. Do you want them?

Personally I don't! I don't want to end up like that scum down the road.

If you wanna support City, you need a connection - come from Manchester or near by, family member supporting them, etc.. And that goes for every club.
Don't get me wrong I'm very grateful for everything the owners have done for us and we really look like we are heading in the right direction, it all seems too good to be true tbh, but I just can't be doing with the tourists/glory hunters we'll attract, especially when it could also mean that the proper fans might miss games cos of them too.

Tin hat on.

Hope its a big tin hat - I have supported City since 1968 and have no connection to Manchester.

Am I a glory hunter ? After all of our "sucess" and trophies since 1968 - of course I am !!!!!

FFS

Why can't those blues who are getting chippy about this just take pride in the fact that if we eventually attract a number of "daytrippers" it'll be because we've become hugely successful and have a genuine standing as one of the world's most famous clubs.

I've seen lots of posts on bluemoon from City fans saying for example, "I'm in Barcelona/Madrid/Milan for a weekend, how do I get tickets for a match?" I assume they'd be taking their cameras! Wouldn't it be great for City to have that kind of stature in the footballing world?

I do laugh at all this 'tourist' stuff, there have always been City fans attending games from other parts of the UK, it's nothing new.

I doubt very much we'll end up like the "top" four, with the amount of touristst they have. What I really don't like is these people who are snappy happy and seem more interested in taking photos than supporting the team.

We'll always have the same hardcore support, that will never leave us, like United, they probably have the same amount from Manchester, just that there is a simiar amount coming from further afield!

second to none said:
Some of you need to relax. If I saw an English kid in a Mets hat it would make my day, god forbid someone likes the same team as you.

I would feel sorry for the kid. (Go Phils!)

bluefandk said:
It always cracks me up, when people think I need their permission to support City.

So whilst you worry yourself half way to an early grave about tourist and gloryhunters I will just get on with supporting City.

Well said that man,

Football is now a global game and business as a result, we will be welcoming new fans forever and a day.

Support your club and enjoy through good and bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.