Doctor Who

I really enjoyed the Eccleston to Matt Smith era. Good all round family entertainment with the added bonus of Karen Gillan and Eve Myles.
Not watched since the terrible Capaldi series.
Missed a trick not writing an episode where they are stranded on a planet in their skimpies.

I stopped watching during the Capaldi era, when Clara Oswald left. He was a bit of a bore.

Anyway, I hear this Chibnall fella wasn't very good. Hopefully the next person does it justice.

In line with everything else I assume Jermaine Jenas is set to be the next Doctor.
I have a feeling the next showrunner will be.....

Female.

The Doctor? I'd be interested to see if the BBC have input into it. If it's a woman I'd go older. Helena Bonham Carter would nail it.

Watch some of the hardcore fans explode when that's announced.

I like Jodie's incarnation and I have a feeling that her tenure will be looked back on fondly in a few years time. Just as Colin Baker's was after his time had ended.

OGC.3fddf24f2fc05e190c96afad7feeae02
OGC.abbb1b77d990fe55c25b7170c9ea0867

I really enjoyed the Eccleston to Matt Smith era. Good all round family entertainment with the added bonus of Karen Gillan and Eve Myles.
Not watched since the terrible Capaldi series.

I totally agree. There were a couple of episodes in the Christopher Eccleston run (such a shame he only did the one series) set in World Way II called 'The Empty Child' and 'The Doctor Dances' which are not just my favourite Dr Who episodes, they are probably - for me - 90 minutes of the best TV ever (not including football, obviously)!

Perfect storyline, great acting, two-parts (so the story isn't rushed), very scary! but with a happy ending. Also introduced the Captain Jack character (you mentioned Eve Myles) which led to Torchwood and that had its moments too.

Just as some of my happiest childhood memories revolve around Saturday night TV with John Pertwee (whom I just remember) and then Tom Baker, I hope these shows are the same for my kids - when everything seemed a little better in the world (with the exception of Man City of course)!

I have to say I have had no interest since the first couple of Eccleston episodes............my lad is in his 20's and is still obsessed though

Same with me! Took him to the Dr Who exhibition in Cardiff about ten years ago, that was a great day out.

He is happy today, he didn't have a problem with a female Dr Who, but he has told me the writing has been poor and one episode even managed to junk like 50 plus years of previous Dr Who history, which really annoyed him.

There was a discussion in the paper recently that maybe it was time to call it a day, again, like in the late-80s, but I hope it continues, with a new team behind it and a new Dr Who.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.