Does anybody else think USA will beat us???

BingoBango said:
Challenger1978 said:
I just want to mention something about that Brazil game. For me up until Ronaldinho scored England was playing some of the best football i've ever seen from any team in my life time (31). In fact there was one point in that match were England made say 15+ pinpoint perfect passes some of them on the volley. That ended up with a volleyed shot on goal that didn't go in.

If that had of gone in though it would of been lauded as one of the greatest team goals of all time on par with that one from Brazil in 1970 world cup because the build up play was unbelievable. Its just a bleeding crying shame that in the second half we couldn't match our first half performance as arse really did fall out of it.

I do remember that move. It was, as Alan Partridge would say, liquid football.

However, Brazil played all but 7 or so minutes of that second half with 10 men and, heat or no heat, England should really have made that extra man pay much more than they did.

Thats what always gets me, wtf happend with the half time team talk. First half we were great seconed half you wouldn't believe it was the same team playing.

BTW just out of intrest, what do you think of Ronaldinho goal ? Fluke or intentional ?

Challenger1978 said:
BingoBango said:
I do remember that move. It was, as Alan Partridge would say, liquid football.

However, Brazil played all but 7 or so minutes of that second half with 10 men and, heat or no heat, England should really have made that extra man pay much more than they did.

Thats what always gets me, wtf happend with the half time team talk. First half we were great seconed half you wouldn't believe it was the same team playing.

BTW just out of intrest, what do you think of Ronaldinho goal ? Fluke or intentional ?

Hard to say. I was watching it again on the BBC website now they're doing this round up of the best goals of each World Cup. Seaman was far enough off his line to give him space to do it, and Ronaldinho certainly put more oomph behind it than I suspect he would have done for a cross. It was in the old 'corridor of uncertainty' at the very least!

I'd like to give him the credit for picking it out but whatever the truth of it, Seaman must have cried himself to sleep that night.

I'm honestly a lot more confident now that minge-mouth isn't in the side.
Nothing to do with the fact that he's a rag, I simply felt the guy was fast becoming a liability. His pace has gone and anyone running at the defence would have turned him inside out.

I know yesterday's game was an irrelevance but it gave us a chance to see King and Terry together. They didn't have enough to do to form an opinion so I think I'll reserve judgement.

England should have enough to win the game BUT the England defence central is lacking pace and speed. This might show against the US but against the better teams Terry and King will struggle. Midfield it is make or brake for a load of players its now or never. Gerrard , Lampard , Cole and SWP wont get another chance at this level in the World Cup so it is time for them to come to the front and move on. Forwards Rooney is key if they keep him quiet then I cant see much from Heskey , Defoe and Crouch against the better teams they wont score. England to be knocked out in the quater finals IF they avoid the Germans.

leighton said:
England should have enough to win the game BUT the England defence central is lacking pace and speed. This might show against the US but against the better teams Terry and King will struggle. Midfield it is make or brake for a load of players its now or never. Gerrard , Lampard , Cole and SWP wont get another chance at this level in the World Cup so it is time for them to come to the front and move on. Forwards Rooney is key if they keep him quiet then I cant see much from Heskey , Defoe and Crouch against the better teams they wont score. England to be knocked out in the quater finals IF they avoid the Germans.

I think that's what I'd be most worried about if I was Capello. King and Terry are hardly the quickest pair, and their back-up in Carragher is even slower. Donovan is pretty quick, and Robbie Findley is supposed to be like greased lightning. Should be interesting, to say the least.

BingoBango said:
leighton said:

I think that's what I'd be most worried about if I was Capello. King and Terry are hardly the quickest pair, and their back-up in Carragher is even slower. Donovan is pretty quick, and Robbie Findley is supposed to be like greased lightning. Should be interesting, to say the least.

Thats the main reason I was shocked Capello didnt look at Lescott and given him the same time to prove himself as he did for Barry. Bringing Carragher back is a joke if you ask me. Jagelka off Everton would of been in my squad as well instead of Upson.
Then what I forgot to mention the stupid English media and them expecting England to get to a World Cup final and in some cases win the World Cup. England dont have the squad to do it I just wonder If England dont make the quarter finals will it see the end of Capello as the England manager?

BingoBango said:
Challenger1978 said:

Hard to say. I was watching it again on the BBC website now they're doing this round up of the best goals of each World Cup. Seaman was far enough off his line to give him space to do it, and Ronaldinho certainly put more oomph behind it than I suspect he would have done for a cross. It was in the old 'corridor of uncertainty' at the very least!

I'd like to give him the credit for picking it out but whatever the truth of it, Seaman must have cried himself to sleep that night.
He's admitted a long time ago it was a fluke
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/2796957.stm

BingoBango said:
I've got £20 on England failing to qualify from the group at 8/1.

Don't shout at me, just a feeling I've got in my water.

(Of course, it's only going to happen if the US win, and if that fails to happen I may as well eat my betting slip.)

Lost £20 i think
England have a nicer group than Utd usually get in the CL group stages and thats saying something

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.