Does anybody else think USA will beat us???

kippaxwarrior said:
Got a sneaky feeling it will be same result of the 1950 world cup match........

No way we will be keeping a clean sheet!!!!<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:04 am --<br /><br />
burntnorton said:
I'm American, but not particularly patriot and don't much care for the blind arrogance surrounding the USA Soccerball team.
2-0 or 3-1 to England, easily. They'll press high up the pitch, and force mistakes from the back four and holding midfielders, and will go ahead earlyish, then knock it around for a bit. This is a thoroughly average US side, especially when you look at the back four. Aaron Lennon and Joe Cole against Bocanegra and Spector/Cherrundulo respectively=you're having a laugh.
I actually have Slovenia getting out of the group ahead of the US. They're also a thoroughly average side, but they're very well organized, better at the back, have two decent forward in Novakovic and Ljubijankic and crucially, they play England last when England will have already qualified and will be resting at least some players.

"Blind arrogance"? What the fuck are you on about???

The USA are more than a 5 1/2 to 1 for a win and more than 3 to 1 for a draw. If the lines are like this, it means something. Sometimes they get it wrong but you dont see the bookies going broke, do you??

you are still crappy mouthy inferior yanks....its a joke you lot being there really ,its the fooking world cup,u lot couldnt play footy as long as theres a hole in your .........!!! hahaha

Blake.. in reference to your post about grassroots and whatnot in america.. I can confirm that 100%.. many years ago i decided to start a 'soccer' club for youth players.. we grew slowly over the years, and had around 80 kids in there 3 years ago..

since then.. we have gone from 1 full size field and 80 kids to having nearly 500 kids, 4 full size pitches, 1 for U6, 1 for U8, for for U10 and 1 for U12....

It's been an amazing development.. that's I'm over the moon about.. We are working to sign contracts on more land to build more fields.. we'll see how that goes..

England didnt invent the game.. they invented the rules.. football was being played all over the world, even as early as 400BC in southern China.. but all credit to england for creating the set of rules, most still used today, in the 1860's..

skelpomike said:
blutone3 said:
"And for those of you who are bashing the US team as "twats" and "wanks" grow up and learn a little about US football. It's not the same as it used to be at all. We are a much more organized and skillful squad then we've produced in the past capable of beating SPAIN, which as several have mentioned we're the only ones to have done in the last what is it 40 games now? "

you are and always will be a joke in true football countries,ie; England....
you keep harping on about a bloody friendly that spain werent even the slightest bit interested in you deluded yank!!
waffle on all you like now mate cos you wont be doing it next week,you are there to make the numbers up...soccer?? phwarrrr

This is a typical thing I'd expect an England fan to come away with in a world cup year. Absolutely ridiculous. England are a joke football country. What other nation think they have a divine right to win the WC every time it comes around when they have only one it once, 44 years ago, at home!
where on this thread has anybody said england have a divine right to win the world cup?.......i personally think argentina or spain will win it. we're talking about the USA though mate...wakey wakey.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:18 pm --<br /><br />
rhysmcfc said:
It's blatantly obvious that most people on this board no nothing of football outside England (and not much more in it).

The one biggest thing the USA have over England is they play as a team. Everyone knows their roles and does what is required of them. They easily took care of Australia on Saturday and should of had another goal at least. They defend from the front, a very solid midfield and some good height at the back. Plus they can counter very well.

England will have to play very well to get a result.
ha ha ha fuckin australia indeed.....don't pay much attention to these warm up matches. i'm getting a bit worried now though knowing that they took care of fuckin australia ha ha, cheered me right up that mate.

stevenryals said:
Blake.. in reference to your post about grassroots and whatnot in america.. I can confirm that 100%.. many years ago i decided to start a 'soccer' club for youth players.. we grew slowly over the years, and had around 80 kids in there 3 years ago..

since then.. we have gone from 1 full size field and 80 kids to having nearly 500 kids, 4 full size pitches, 1 for U6, 1 for U8, for for U10 and 1 for U12....

It's been an amazing development.. that's I'm over the moon about.. We are working to sign contracts on more land to build more fields.. we'll see how that goes..

England didnt invent the game.. they invented the rules.. football was being played all over the world, even as early as 400BC in southern China.. but all credit to england for creating the set of rules, most still used today, in the 1860's..

We invented football. The game we know and love today. Calling the "thing" (wouldn't even call it a sport) that has been played for centuries football is the equivalent of calling a man being beaten around the face with a bat "baseball". Or some poor sod getting the shit kicked out of him outside a nightclub "boxing"

The chinese used to kick the heads of their vanquished foes around a field in a macabre specticle. All other variations before we made football proper consisted of varying numbers of people blindly running around a boundaryless field kicking and a lot of the time "picking up and throwing" various animals vital organs (usualy inflated stomachs) through two posts.

Now i'm not quite sure what to call that. But it's not football. We invented that mate.

They all sound like a laugh though ;-P

blutone3 said:
you are still crappy mouthy inferior yanks....its a joke you lot being there really ,its the fooking world cup,u lot couldnt play footy as long as theres a hole in your .........!!! hahaha
Strong words from someone whose team hasn't won the thing in 44 years.

Still, my heart says 3-1 U.S. - there's no fucking way we'll keep a clean sheet - but my head says 2-0 England.

colin's bell helmet said:
rhysmcfc said:
It's blatantly obvious that most people on this board no nothing of football outside England (and not much more in it).

The one biggest thing the USA have over England is they play as a team. Everyone knows their roles and does what is required of them. They easily took care of Australia on Saturday and should of had another goal at least. They defend from the front, a very solid midfield and some good height at the back. Plus they can counter very well.

England will have to play very well to get a result.
ha ha ha fuckin australia indeed.....don't pay much attention to these warm up matches. i'm getting a bit worried now though knowing that they took care of fuckin australia ha ha, cheered me right up that mate.

Australia 3 - England 1 last time they played...

Sorry if anyone's posted this before, but this makes me laugh and embarrassed for where I'm from in equal measure (note: NSFW - language):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdrhKf6yADs[/youtube]

"Hey man, we're gonna take that soccerball and put it up into the upper 90 of the scorebag to win F-I-F-A!!" /comedyamericanaccent

NEBlue1 said:
Sorry if anyone's posted this before, but this makes me laugh and embarrassed for where I'm from in equal measure (note: NSFW - language):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdrhKf6yADs[/youtube]

"Hey man, we're gonna take that soccerball and put it up into the upper 90 of the scorebag to win F-I-F-A!!" /comedyamericanaccent

That's bloody outrageous deary boy. Bloody poppycock i'll have you know....chin chin

This means ruddy war you mischivous new world scaly wag :-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE[/youtube]

What's the religion of Israel?.....Israeli...... Amazing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.