Does anybody else think USA will beat us???

Didsbury Dave said:
Frank the Yank said:
Thats our achilles heel-our defense. .

How about your offence?

I assume you are being genuine in your question. I think there are goals in the team-escpecially from a rather experienced midfield. England have the better players. There is no doubt about that. But in the World Cup there are always shock results and teams that go places they werent expected to go and teams that go home earlier. Thats what makes things so interesting.....

Sorry if this has been posted before.

Just reading about this CROOK ref we've got against USA, (Simon) he was banned by FIFA a month ago, WTF his he doing in the WC

kippaxwarrior said:
citygirl77 said:
Sorry if this has been posted before.

Just reading about this CROOK ref we've got against USA, (Simon) he was banned by FIFA a month ago, WTF his he doing in the WC

Who are the hosts of the next world cup?
Seems FIFA dont want to rock the boat

THX but it's B***ocks

I'm American, but not particularly patriot and don't much care for the blind arrogance surrounding the USA Soccerball team.
2-0 or 3-1 to England, easily. They'll press high up the pitch, and force mistakes from the back four and holding midfielders, and will go ahead earlyish, then knock it around for a bit. This is a thoroughly average US side, especially when you look at the back four. Aaron Lennon and Joe Cole against Bocanegra and Spector/Cherrundulo respectively=you're having a laugh.
I actually have Slovenia getting out of the group ahead of the US. They're also a thoroughly average side, but they're very well organized, better at the back, have two decent forward in Novakovic and Ljubijankic and crucially, they play England last when England will have already qualified and will be resting at least some players.

As far as our defence is concerned I think we have a very strong line up. I can't think of a better pair of full backs than A. Cole and Johnson whilst Terry and either Dawson or King will very solid in the centre. Dawson is very calm on the ball and can pass as well as any defender I've seen. He was zinging beautiful cross field passes all over the park for Spurs this year. A very underrated defender as far as I'm concerned.

kippaxwarrior said:
Got a sneaky feeling it will be same result of the 1950 world cup match........

So do i.

We've never beaten the yanks in a "competetive" fixture.

mat said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Got a sneaky feeling it will be same result of the 1950 world cup match........

So do i.

We've never beaten the yanks in a "competetive" fixture.

But the US have never had the likes of Jonathan Spectre or that Onyewe before either.

On paper it's like a top 4 premier league team playing against a team who always seem to be in or around relegation but are a good side on their day.

The USA national team is in no way the joke it was in the 80's and 90s. They have come on a heck of a lot in the last decade. Indeed interest in Football (I will never bring myself to call it Soccer...Yuk) has increased rapidly. Not just since Beckhams arival on the scene but there is a genuine passion for the game which no other generation has witnessed in that country.

They are obviously playing catchup with Well established European nations. Their domestic league is on par with the SPL. A couple of decent sides (LA Galaxy, Chivas) and the rest are pretty poor. But even that is getting better every year. It's all due to grass roots interest in the game. Kids in America are choosing to join the "Soccer" team rather than the traditional US sports.

I personaly welcome the development of the US as a footballing nation. It's an absolutly HUGE country full of untapped potential. We all saw how good Donovan was during his brief loan spell at Everton. In a few generations if things proceed to develop as fast i believe some of the very best players in the world could come from the US.

As for Saturdays game. Well i still think we should win. But it is England afterall. We always seem to draw against the strongest group opposition at the world cup. So maybe a draw and then wins against the other two. Then it's a one off lottery in the knock out games.

Either way you would be foolish to dismiss them as Dumb yanks playing at soccerball. It just isnt like that anymore.

PS. For any Americans reading this. I've read some of your comments calling us arrogant England. But the fact is we invented the game and get a serious lack of respect despite that. Just saying. We are due our props. If the whole world loved Khabbadi i'd be bigging up India.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.