Does anybody else think USA will beat us???

Frank the Yank said:
kippaxwarrior said:
Got a sneaky feeling it will be same result of the 1950 world cup match........

"Blind arrogance"? What the fuck are you on about???

The USA are more than a 5 1/2 to 1 for a win and more than 3 to 1 for a draw. If the lines are like this, it means something. Sometimes they get it wrong but you dont see the bookies going broke, do you??

Wasn't referring to anyone one here, but a lot of naive people I know, and some of those on tele. Let's call them Alexi Lalas, and the like.

Also, re:"We invented the bloody game:" it's a mindset that has held England back since, well, they invented the game. This is a mindset that should have been done away with in the '50s, not with the USA 1-0 fluke result, but with Sebes' Hungary beating England 6-3 at Wembley. I recommend Jonathan Wilson's Inverting the Pyramid for more.

BlakeTheBlue said:
NEBlue1 said:
Sorry if anyone's posted this before, but this makes me laugh and embarrassed for where I'm from in equal measure (note: NSFW - language):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdrhKf6yADs[/youtube]

"Hey man, we're gonna take that soccerball and put it up into the upper 90 of the scorebag to win F-I-F-A!!" /comedyamericanaccent

That's bloody outrageous deary boy. Bloody poppycock i'll have you know....chin chin

This means ruddy war you mischivous new world scaly wag :-)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE[/youtube]

What's the religion of Israel?.....Israeli...... Amazing!
Hah. I showed that during a presentation I made in one of my Political Science classes at uni. One student actually got a bit pissed off about it and confronted me after class. Good times.<br /><br />-- Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:50 am --<br /><br />
burntnorton said:
Frank the Yank said:

The USA are more than a 5 1/2 to 1 for a win and more than 3 to 1 for a draw. If the lines are like this, it means something. Sometimes they get it wrong but you dont see the bookies going broke, do you??

Wasn't referring to anyone one here, but a lot of naive people I know, and some of those on tele. Let's call them Alexi Lalas, and the like.

Also, re:"We invented the bloody game:" it's a mindset that has held England back since, well, they invented the game. This is a mindset that should have been done away with in the '50s, not with the USA 1-0 fluke result, but with Sebes' Hungary beating England 6-3 at Wembley. I recommend Jonathan Wilson's Inverting the Pyramid for more.
I'm reading that now, actually! I'm about 200 pages in, and it's just marvelous. Where food for the brain is concerned, that book is to die for.

kiam06 said:
I have a feeling that the USA are going to do a job on us, US football has improved considerably in the past few years and they have plenty of players who are at good european teams. Also I have to say from what I have seen in recent games I think England are very average and will struggle in the tournament.

What does everybody else think?? Sorry to piss on everyone's chips a few days before it all kicks off!!

Whos that 2 goal keepers Clint Dempsey and that donavan (sp) wow they are good!!!

john-terry1.jpg

Matthew%20Upson_633573292823281250.jpg

vs

jozy_altidore_isi_photos.jpg

Landon_Donovan-USA.jpg

Said it before and I'll say it again, have a horrible feeling USA could just sprint through our defence...

burntnorton said:
Frank the Yank said:

Ha ha that Lalas can be a real schmuck at times. He does a lot just for a reaction I would gather. The same for Wynalda. I couldnt stand Waldo he first appeared on Fox Football Fone In but he grew on me a bit as the season progressed!!!

Frank the Yank said:
burntnorton said:

Ha ha that Lalas can be a real schmuck at times. He does a lot just for a reaction I would gather. The same for Wynalda. I couldnt stand Waldo he first appeared on Fox Football Fone In but he grew on me a bit as the season progressed!!!
Nah, I'm not with you on that, Frank. I used to like Wynalda on ESPN as he was the only one there at the time with the balls to speak his mind, but he's insufferable on FFF. That show hasn't been the same without Steven Cohen, and even then it wasn't great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.