Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

Skashion said:
Going forward he is considerably better than Clichy. As defending isn't our priority in most games - breaking down parked bus defences is, I reckon Kolarov is the better option for most games.
Well the priority for a defender is to defend first and foremost.

When the first, and only, positive you can attribute to a defender is his attacking ability alarms bells should sound.

Great squad player? Wtf?....he can't play anything other than left-back, and even at that he is poor. Would be surprised if the club didn't do everything in their power to get his wages off the book. Read today that he only has started 40 league games in the last 3 years. That is shocking for someone who was bought for something like 18m to be the first choice left-back.

I played right wing back in the day I'd have rinsed him for the whole 90 mins like a pair ov jeans in a mangle mate utter dross BUT a blue so let's go easy till he's gone ay.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:17 pm --<br /><br />I blame the agents who bombarded the club and bent the right ears nudge nudge wink wink twuts

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Yes, of course. Defensively he is better than most people here give credit for. He's a little slow going backwards, but watch him going forwards and he's actually pretty quick. His crossing is phenomenal; it's not his fault that through the vast majority of his time here he has had to aim at midgets. He's played in the wrong position throughout his career. Play him on the left side of a back 5 and he'd be pretty good.
The trouble is he is compared to the excellent Clichy.

There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year (or the year before).

I'll remember him for his cross that led to Dzeko's goal in the Carling Cup semi against Liverpool. Stunning ability.

Glad I'm not the only one who rates him. I would chooce Clichy too for the biggest games but come on lads, cut some slack please. he's a very good player to have in the squad. I'd defo keep him and I sure hope he stays.

but a winger he's not - take not Pelle!

Valuable squad member IMO but not consistent enough to be a first choice player and restricted as to where he can he be of benefit to us.

On his day can fire in a goal or two but again too inconsistent and has trouble going both ways for 90 minutes.

Wouldn't be too concerned if we sold him to Napoli as part exchange for Cavani as remote as it is that deal will come to fruition.

He is hugely frustrating to watch at times.You can see there is real quality in his play occasionally but he often seems to switch off or fuck simple things up.
He's probably one of those players who the premier league doesn't suit and will look shit hot in Italy or Spain.
Hope he does well wherever he is next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.