Does Anyone actually rate Kolarov??

Bought to defend but gets caught out of position way to much.
It's all very well saying he has a good shot.He wasn't bought to shoot,He was bought primarily to defend. Mancinis worst purchase.

FantasyIreland said:
Mancini did.
So did Mourinho since we just beat Real Madrid to his signature when he wanted to make Kolarov his first signing at Madrid.

Kolarov is a half decent player. Mid-table to fifth/sixth placed standard. He's had a few excellent games for us but ultimately is a whole class below Clichy.

He's certainly not the worst leftback I've seen. Far from. And he has a few qualities that make him an interesting player to have in your squad.
Is Kolarov suited in the City-squad, i.e. a player that can be use in the style of play Pellegrini and Txiki want it? Very doubtfull.
Because he is an interesting player, I expect a handfull of clubs that will show serious interest in the player and the player to be sold.

shaun said:
He reminds me of Petrov (I know different position etc.),just as one-footed,and sure
both were capable of the spectacular one minute and absolute shite the next.
Kolarov is far too inconsistent and so it's a no from me.

That's the key word for me!

I can only think that when Mancini's scouts were watching him at Lazio they put another player in his place for the day.

Strange that most of the positive comments on here for his attacking prowess (which to be honest if we compare with someone like Baines, Evra, Cole etc is pretty insignificant and that's the main part of his game). I would much prefer us to sell him on and look for a back up who can defend in Clichy's absence - another Nastasić who is solid defensively, confident on the ball and rarely gets caught out of position.

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Yes, of course. Defensively he is better than most people here give credit for. He's a little slow going backwards, but watch him going forwards and he's actually pretty quick. His crossing is phenomenal; it's not his fault that through the vast majority of his time here he has had to aim at midgets. He's played in the wrong position throughout his career. Play him on the left side of a back 5 and he'd be pretty good.
The trouble is he is compared to the excellent Clichy.

There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year (or the year before).

I'll remember him for his cross that led to Dzeko's goal in the Carling Cup semi against Liverpool. Stunning ability.
Pissed myself at this," His crossing is phenomenal" 1in every 10
"Play him on the left side of a back 5 " So the other four defenders could cover his slow arse. "There is a reason he won Serbian Player of the Year last year"
Probably because he played in a FA Cup or League winning side for an English Prem team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.