Does death scare you?

Yes for now. I'm 37 and I have a daughter aged 8. She is my world, the love I have for her can't even be described. In fact as I write this I have a tear in my eye. She would be devastated if i wasn't here. We have such a special relationship.

The thing is I'm overweight. I'm not massive or anything, just chunky and it scares me. I am losing it, but it's hard.. I want to see her grown up and become a vet, which is her dream. If I see that and see she's alright I can die happy.

No, not now my children are older. When they were young, the thought of not being there to protect and guide them terrified me. Now that they've developed into brilliant humans in their own right, I know that they'll be OK when I'm not here.

The people I love know that I love them, and I know that they love me so while it would be lovely to have the chance to say final goodbyes, if I went under a tram later today their lives would go on.

no - its inevitable. I hope not to die in a drawn out excruciating pain kind of way but at the same time just dropping down dead will shock the family but with experience of losing people the drawn out version where the dying can say goodbye is better than dropping dead

I think the 'best way to go' depends on the individual family dynamic and how much does doesn't need to be said. My dad had a fatal heart attack on holiday and my mum died of a pretty unpleasant form of cancer a few months after diagnosis. Whilst I was upset not to be able to say goodbye to my dad and there was stuff it would have been nice to say, we knew how we felt about each other and I'm glad for him that it was all pretty quick. In my mum's case it took quite a while to replace the memories and images of her last few weeks with more positive memories and it's not something I would want any loved one to go through. Obviously it depends on the nature of an illness.

My dad saw lots of death in WW2 in Burma, including finding two of his mates who'd been KIA
When he was very poorly in hospital, he said to me that he was terrified of closing his eyes because he wasn't confident he'd open them again
It was a few months later in a nursing home and after a very restless night, his body finally gave up
Apparently the human body is at its weakest in the very early hours of the morning. Dad got past that and passed away at around 8am, so I always think he got an extra six hours

Am I scared of death? No, but I am scared of what I'll miss

Death to me is nothing to be afraid of. It is like before birth, there was nothing, same thing with death.

The act of dying on the other hand, and what it does to my family etc. that scares me.

You don't experience nothing though even in the womb, we just don't remember it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.