Does death scare you?

Not particularly, but If it comes down to it, I’d like to have the option of being ‘assisted’, rather the people I love remember me as I was.

Bit of friendly advice, never EVER try and explain or talk about death to your (young) grandchildren, leave it to their Mam and Dad, if it ever vaguely enters into the realm of going there, just change the subject as quickly as possible, do not entertain it :-D.

My sister died watching TV we found her in the morning TV still on

I almost left the planet 2016 woke up with a blinding headache and ended up in Salford Royal where they saved my life “brain haemorrhage“ spent a long time deleting my posts off here before January 2016 because I kept reading what I had said looking for a clue of what was about to happen. Kaz told me to stop deleting posts :)

It’s taken a long time to feel like my old self but I can assure everyone you won’t feel a thing as your atoms drift off into stardust if your lucky like me the NHS will save you.

Yes for now. I'm 37 and I have a daughter aged 8. She is my world, the love I have for her can't even be described. In fact as I write this I have a tear in my eye. She would be devastated if i wasn't here. We have such a special relationship.

The thing is I'm overweight. I'm not massive or anything, just chunky and it scares me. I am losing it, but it's hard.. I want to see her grown up and become a vet, which is her dream. If I see that and see she's alright I can die happy.
Bloody ell mate that sounds like me but 10 years ago! I thought no way am I getting to forty unhealthy/overweight & not be able to enjoy my kids, I hit the gym & lost 3 stone, spent every evening & weekend at some kind of sport with the kids. I’d happily live those days again & wouldn’t change a thing. My youngest daughter wanted to be a vet, she’s 19 now & just got her quals from college to go to Uni next year. Unfortunately I’m back to 17st haha :) I’ve had the epiphany & getting back on it, but gonna focus on long term health & happiness (especially the mind) if I could give me old self a bit of advice it would be to give yourself some time to focus on your own health & wellbeing, it doesn’t have to be too much, just a few hours a week

No. Just pain or sickness.

I doubt there's much enjoyment left for me, other than through the kids. Nine more years will be enough for me to have been their support. After that they'll have no more use for me and that's fair enough.

I just hope my kids are OK when im gone - support each other and are kind to themselves and everyone else.

I’m getting rid of everything I own so somebody else doesn’t have to deal with the shit when I’ve gone. It feels good to get rid of everything, very liberating, makes me wonder why i bothered buying stuff, maybe for a future I don’t now have. Cancer will kill me at some point so I’m fine with the idea of death, I’ll just enjoy being alive whilst I’m here, live life to the full in between chemo, travel loads…and then fuck off.

I always thought that I wasn't scared of death/ dying. And then I got terminal cancer.

It's now very much in my thoughts. Usually when I'm walking the dog. I find myself making mental lists of things I still need to sort out. This also happens just before I doze off at night.

But am I scared?

Not really.

It's coming to everyone, it's just a tad quicker than I expected. I'm also fighting the shit out of it, with the help of immunotherapy. By rights I'm 6 months into time I didn't have.

So scared? Nope. Pissed off? Oh yes.

I suppose it's a question I can't really answer until I know the guy with the shroud and the scythe is making his way to me.

The only thing we can all hope for is that we never see him coming at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.