Does the constant slander about City bother you?

You only have to watch Sunday Supplement back via Youtube, etc, after it was binned, to realize what a croc of shite those journalists talked. Not only did they get paid for talking shite,(just like Talk Shite pundits do), they got free drinks and patisseries as well. All for a spoken jolly for 1 hour on a Sunday Morning.
They were well represented in spitting image.

Just got finished listening to it.

The amount of spin in that whole thing is infuriating, it sounds like 3 spin masters sat displaying their spin skills together. It half sounds like a response to the City fanbase, after being proven wrong by CAS on so many things. I'm not really sure if they did acknowledge UEFA didn't find any "over inflated sponsorships" and that it wasn't part of the investigation at all, City mentioned it at CAS from 2014 in support of their case. Sounded like they got half way through explaing the process on FMV calculations and skipped the findings, to move onto the next subject.

Rob's explanation of the question he posed to Pep in particular, was utter bollocks. It was an accusation, he got the response he wanted because he was sulking, trying to rain on City's parade. You could tangibly hear it in his voice when he asked it. It's quite telling that even in this interview, he still keeps pathetically suggesting the fact that Pep didn't answer, that the club didn't humour it or tell him not to mention it or take any action against him, is somehow proof of anything. He'd just as easily spin any action the club took as his proof because that's what he does. So saying nothing was probably the best thing to do because it's left him grasping at straws.

The host slipping in little comments in to save face on the CAS decision also caught my attention:

"it wasn't an exoneration they were still fined 9m quid"
For not co-operating after they started leaking to the press, breaking City's trust and their own rules of conduct. CAS did agree that was a legitimate concern, hence the reduced fine.

"...and there was quite a lot of suggestion that they maybe hadn't been truthful in CAS"
That's him making a poorly disguised accusation, to avoid having to explain what exactly City weren't truthful about, because he doesn't know.

"If you're talking, writing, tweeting about Manchester City the instant reaction from the vast majority of other fans will be: It doesn't matter what they achieve now they're cheats"
Haha, except City fans will just keep reminding them, City were cleared of cheating. Not co-operating was a different matter.

Last edited:
Spot-on. Those who say we should ignore the false and often racially motivated narratives peddled about our club are just wrong. These narratives are damaging to us. I don't believe UEFA would have opened an investigation against any other club in the world based on a handful of stolen inconclusive emails. They were pressurised into doing it by our commercial rivals and their pals in the media. The investigation caused stress to everyone at our club during this period.
I believe we have been damaged reputationally and commercially by this media campaign. We have to call out our enemies and correct the fake news stories to counteract this.
I believe the violent attacks on families of City fans I witnessed from Villa fans at Wembley were a result of hatred being whipped up in the media against our club and I have seen similar scenes at Anfield in recent years, also fuelled by the media.
I think those fans, including yourself, who have have fought our corner in the media have done a fantastic job for the club despite the personal risks you have rightly highlighted. Thanks for doing it.
agree 100% , I would also add the downplaying/sneering and mocking of our achievements by the media , some even calling it sportwashing/cheating and sheep of other clubs repeating it until they believe it to be true , as many have said it was fine when the scousers dominated in the 80s and it was a 2 horse race between the rags and arselona for a decade yet we are seen as the enemy by other clubs thanks to the media spreading this hate

Yesterday was a prime example on how the constant bile produced by the media is having an effect on the population in general. When Grealish came on and every time he touched the ball he was roundly booed by the Leicester fans. Why. We didn’t buy him from Leicester nor did we ‘beat’ Leicester to his signature. So why? The only reason is the negative bile sprouted by the media. It reminds me so much of the reaction to Sterling after he signed for us.

The worst part is they won't even accept they hate us, they'll tell you on social media that they don't care about us and we are not rivals.
The mental gymnastics they do to feel better about themselves is funny at this point.

It used to bother me, but I just ignore it. It will never stop. Social Media is a key platform, Politicians use it to spread their lies.

Can anything be done about it - probably not. We will never be accepted as we have broken a previous fixed model. No matter what we do, the propaganda will always be there. Lets just hope we keep doing the right thing for City on and off the field.

What I don’t like is what now will happen to Grealish in the media you’ve seen it already the negativity because he didn’t score an hatrick you can compare when season starts with the difference with the narrative about Sancho! Sancho could have totally average game he be a 8/10 Grealish could have good game team wins and he be a 5/10 with the amount he cost! Pep after the game had to defend him with the media in this country utter Kunts the lot of em..

They actually believe what they’re not.

Try and convince them they are stealing a living under the title of Journalists, and they will try and convince you otherwise.

If you think Liverpool and United fans are completely deluded, these football journalists are on another level.

Unfortunately they are looked after and pampered wherever they go. That includes at City. They are constantly lorded, praised, and their egos are continually massaged by their brainwashed, click-bait, social media followers, who hang on to their every written word and tweet.

C*nts!
I don’t know why any Blues bother with football journalists (and talkSPORT, Sky Sports News, podcasts made by dickheads, Twitter etc.)…

It’s like going out of your way to dive into a swimming pool of diarrhoea, then moaning about how awful it is… but not only that, actually then doing it over-and-over again, day-after-day, year-after-year, and carrying on complaining about how awful it is!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.