Does the constant slander about City bother you?

It used to bother me, but I just ignore it. It will never stop. Social Media is a key platform, Politicians use it to spread their lies.

Can anything be done about it - probably not. We will never be accepted as we have broken a previous fixed model. No matter what we do, the propaganda will always be there. Lets just hope we keep doing the right thing for City on and off the field.
I am not really bothered about the loons on social media because they have no credibility. The biggest concern is the relentless negative bias towards us from organisations like the BBC, the Daily Mail, the Guardian, and people like Rob Harris at AP (a huge global news agency).
These media groups have made no attempt at covering City in a fair and balanced way and have huge audiences. None of them have shown any interest in our business model preferring to still use false narratives like "sportswashing."
For example have any of these organisations given any coverage to the Arena development alongside our stadium or what is happening in the rest of CFG? They still talk about oil money when we are a totally sustainable club, most of our owner's private wealth comes from non fossil fuel sources, and Sheikh Mansour has trebled the value of his investments in MCFC and the City of Manchester itself.

I am not really bothered about the loons on social media because they have no credibility. The biggest concern is the relentless negative bias towards us from organisations like the BBC, the Daily Mail, the Guardian, and people like Rob Harris at AP (a huge global news agency).
These media groups have made no attempt at covering City in a fair and balanced way and have huge audiences. None of them have shown any interest in our business model preferring to still use false narratives like "sportswashing."
For example have any of these organisations given any coverage to the Arena development alongside our stadium or what is happening in the rest of CFG? They still talk about oil money when we are a totally sustainable club, most of our owner's private wealth comes from non fossil fuel sources, and Sheikh Mansour has trebled the value of his investments in MCFC and the City of Manchester itself.
Agreed - but it's them I'm talking about - they also have a large social media presence. This will never stop - it's like politics where certain publications take certain sides. It will never stop in my opinion - They are being used to publish this stuff by the cartel clubs

It does. Even this morning I have had a discussion with a bin dipper saying we have cheated for years.
FFP has been shown to be a joke and total failure. What was meant to be a ruling to protect clubs and stop them doing a Leeds (that was the loose narrative anyway) has totally failed as we are seeing at Barca. Any ruling that has allowed debt and wage spending too go unchecked but stop owner investment was just wrong and yet we get called cheats. We were fined £49mil (how does a fine work with FFP?? Surely that’s an oxymoron!?) which we said we would take a pinch on and again another £10 mil as we thought the case last year was bent (which it was) and these fines were basically because our owner wanted to invest! Makes no sense! So yes the constant belittling of our achievements and club do upset me, as as far as I am concerned we have done nothing wrong and should be applauded for the success we have had and the type of football we have played over the last 10 years

I find it's pretty difficult to have a genuine conversation with opposition fans now as so may of them would rather play City Bingo than talk about the realities of what's happening. The fact that so many have gone down the "ruining football, "what about FFP" line this summer when to date we've spent less than a number of other clubs just shows it's not worth bothering with a lot of them.

The fact of the matter is we're the most successful club right now and that breeds resentment. That's why Liverpool and United are so despised (because they had decades of success). You can't be incredibly successful and universally loved - we've had decades of being loads of people's 'second team' and being loved. It was shite for us!

Give me being the best team in the world and having to put up with trolls on Twitter all day!

Nah,couldnt give a fuck,means we are feared and annoyingly good.

I'll also add,while we do receive a disproportionate amount of attention/criticism,we are also overly sensitive and paranoid on many occasion - sometimes our fans go looking to be upset.

I find it's pretty difficult to have a genuine conversation with opposition fans now as so may of them would rather play City Bingo than talk about the realities of what's happening. The fact that so many have gone down the "ruining football, "what about FFP" line this summer when to date we've spent less than a number of other clubs just shows it's not worth bothering with a lot of them.
It used to be that the conversation would refer to players and incidents on the field. He's shite, that was offside, yeah good goal tbf. The last time I was in conversation, bloke was talking about his net spend ffs. You're a football fan mate, why do you want to talk accounts? Couldn't get through to him. I don't give a flying about media, haven't bought a newspaper for over ten years. It does piss me off having to defend myself whilst having a pint in the local however

It does. Even this morning I have had a discussion with a bin dipper saying we have cheated for years.
FFP has been shown to be a joke and total failure. What was meant to be a ruling to protect clubs and stop them doing a Leeds (that was the loose narrative anyway) has totally failed as we are seeing at Barca. Any ruling that has allowed debt and wage spending too go unchecked but stop owner investment was just wrong and yet we get called cheats. We were fined £49mil (how does a fine work with FFP?? Surely that’s an oxymoron!?) which we said we would take a pinch on and again another £10 mil as we thought the case last year was bent (which it was) and these fines were basically because our owner wanted to invest! Makes no sense! So yes the constant belittling of our achievements and club do upset me, as as far as I am concerned we have done nothing wrong and should be applauded for the success we have had and the type of football we have played over the last 10 years
And then it continues. The media narrative sold is that FFP would have worked but for clubs like City and PSG who have inflated the market to such a degree that it's forced all the other clubs to try and keep up and thereby placed lots of other teams into debt they would otherwise not have got themselves into. As if !! The average opposition fan - especially of clubs who were successful pre 2008 - and now sees their club mid-table and potless wants something to blame and City is the easy target for a pile on.
Khaldoon rebutts it all saying we will not be held accountable for the financial mismanagement at other clubs but as we all know, throw enough mud at a target (City) and some of it will undoubtedly stick.

The fact of the matter is we're the most successful club right now and that breeds resentment. That's why Liverpool and United are so despised (because they had decades of success). You can't be incredibly successful and universally loved - we've had decades of being loads of people's 'second team' and being loved. It was shite for us!

Give me being the best team in the world and having to put up with trolls on Twitter all day!
Twitter's a cesspool but I've had some fun on there this morning. Got a Villa fan on strings after he took the piss out of our turnout at Wembley on Saturday and then bizarrely called me a plastic for re-tweeting a request for fans to help Cheltenham Town out and to buy virtual tickets for the FA Cup game there last season. I asked this supposed Villa season ticket holder since 1984 if he was one of the 17,000 Villa fans who bothered turning up for the FA Cup game at theirs in 2016 and he couldn't even give me a definitive answer as to whether he was there or not - "more than likely" he said. Told him what kind of answer was that - he was either there or he wasn't. Then I asked him to come and meet me for a pint before our game at Villa Park at the end of November. Told him I'd DM him nearer the time and we'll sort out the arrangements and he can call me a plastic to my face. Needless to say, he's gone very fucking quiet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.