Does the constant slander about City bother you?

Exactly right. Our rivals are not going to kiss our backsides. If you're hated, you know you're good. As a fan, the best thing to do is ignore it. Stay off social media. Don't watch Sky Sports News. Fill your life with other things. I watched the test match right up until our match kicked off. I changed back to the test right on half time and back to the game at kick-off. At full-time I changed the channel again. The punditry is the same regurgitated crap, spewed by the same old people game after game. What does it change? We know our team, we don't need them to tell us what we already know. Switch off from everything and don't entertain it. And if you happen to hear "empty seats", "dirty oil money", etc, you respond with "13 trophies in 10 years". Or "5 titles in 9 years". That is all that matters and the rest is irrelevant.

to be fair to the pundits. That’s just there job, to analysis the game, own opinions on what went wrong etc - I take that with a pinch of salt and when I do catch a bit of it most are pretty balanced.

but yeh the written media, social media and forums that absolutely over analyse every single detail is what’s tedious- if you’re a world class side - your not allowed to lose a game basically, otherwise it’s an avalanche of absolute negative drivel. As I get older, it bothers me less tbh.

Fuck it, we’ve disrupted and that makes people either fear or be envious. Remember that times are changing. Media is full of rags, Liverpool and arse fans because they’re of that age. City make my children happy. They don’t feel the same sense of rollercoaster doom that I feel. They are much more secure and there are now so many more children wearing city tops down here in the south. They will eventually change the narrative. Until that happens try and enjoy that we wind the hateful eight up.

i noticed as well that with the Grealish and Kane transfers we are bringing much more hate to the club from rival fans but more neutral as well. probably as Grealish was very popular player generally with many clubs fans also kind of a "hero" in euros and all summer it was "why is he not being played"...
Kane is kind of similar, he is the best striker of PL currently and was respected generally.
for these two to end up at City they almost become villains now.

only small thing helped in that that Messi left for PSG which is an even bigger story but as PSG does not have huge rivals with huge international fan base domestic wise, they will never be as much attacked as City.

but compare the hate/negative talk around Grealish transfer to the Lukaku transfer for a total 2m GBP less which is talked about as the great comeback and welcome back Romelu stuff pff...

dont forget we also got much more shit for picking Mahrez from Leicester than Chelsea for picking Kante or Chilwell.

I got into a Twitter debate with a variety of MUFC fans over the last 24 hours. They claimed Utd had no debt between 1931 and the Glazers. This is absolute rubbish so for anyone who sees similar here’s a cutting from Dec 88 about the high spending, borrowing and debts at that time which helped create Fergie’s first trophy winning team. It may help!

Attachments

• 2E52D0BF-EFC3-4D89-983C-30AC5F055453.jpeg
    2E52D0BF-EFC3-4D89-983C-30AC5F055453.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 6B5C10CD-461E-4D89-AD46-865F8A9E1703.jpeg
    6B5C10CD-461E-4D89-AD46-865F8A9E1703.jpeg
    470.2 KB · Views: 72
i noticed as well that with the Grealish and Kane transfers we are bringing much more hate to the club from rival fans but more neutral as well. probably as Grealish was very popular player generally with many clubs fans also kind of a "hero" in euros and all summer it was "why is he not being played"...
Kane is kind of similar, he is the best striker of PL currently and was respected generally.
for these two to end up at City they almost become villains now.

only small thing helped in that that Messi left for PSG which is an even bigger story but as PSG does not have huge rivals with huge international fan base domestic wise, they will never be as much attacked as City.

but compare the hate/negative talk around Grealish transfer to the Lukaku transfer for a total 2m GBP less which is talked about as the great comeback and welcome back Romelu stuff pff...

dont forget we also got much more shit for picking Mahrez from Leicester than Chelsea for picking Kante or Chilwell.
Apart from the simple jealousy I’m starting to think it’s an English thing. Deference and knowing your place is so ingrained. So when a player moves to the rags or liverpool it’s ok, they’re moving up, the natural order of things. But if a player moves to little new money city, owned by a non Anglo-Saxon foreigner, then that is disrupting the hierarchy, they’re forgetting their place and getting above their station. Perhaps I’m thinking too much about it and it’s just good old fashioned bitter envy.

Definitely getting worse every season.
Soon it will be part of football society to just slag our football club as the acceptable norm

I would not use the word bother as asked in the thread title.

Concern is the word I would use.

No doubt about it we are as fans now a target for other clubs fans.

At the game yesterday there were spurs fans behind us, usual taunts but as it went on it got worse. One lad spat at us. A steward took him out it looked like but no, he was allowed back in.

Coming out there were 2 incidents of fighting that I saw. Going past the Bill Nicholson pub was also dodgy to the coach parking.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I no shrinking violet but I see more trouble coming for the normal match going fan.

Wait till we go to Villa, the media will stoke the fires for that one.

Today they have already attempted to make us all out to be homophobes due to a flag falling.

Someone at the club needs to be having a word in higher places.

to be fair to the pundits. That’s just there job, to analysis the game, own opinions on what went wrong etc - I take that with a pinch of salt and when I do catch a bit of it most are pretty balanced.

but yeh the written media, social media and forums that absolutely over analyse every single detail is what’s tedious- if you’re a world class side - your not allowed to lose a game basically, otherwise it’s an avalanche of absolute negative drivel. As I get older, it bothers me less tbh.
Why would it bother you ? You are not a blue and your team has no expectations on it

I would not use the word bother as asked in the thread title.

Concern is the word I would use.

No doubt about it we are as fans now a target for other clubs fans.

At the game yesterday there were spurs fans behind us, usual taunts but as it went on it got worse. One lad spat at us. A steward took him out it looked like but no, he was allowed back in.

Coming out there were 2 incidents of fighting that I saw. Going past the Bill Nicholson pub was also dodgy to the coach parking.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I no shrinking violet but I see more trouble coming for the normal match going fan.

Wait till we go to Villa, the media will stoke the fires for that one.

Today they have already attempted to make us all out to be homophobes due to a flag falling.

Someone at the club needs to be having a word in higher places.
Always dodgy at Spurs when we were shit. Probably less hostility from Chelsea and Leeds than in the seventies and eighties. Other clubs know if we get grief at their place they will be repaid in spades in spades in Manchester. It was ever thus.

I got into a Twitter debate with a variety of MUFC fans over the last 24 hours. They claimed Utd had no debt between 1931 and the Glazers. This is absolute rubbish so for anyone who sees similar here’s a cutting from Dec 88 about the high spending, borrowing and debts at that time which helped create Fergie’s first trophy winning team. It may help!

You and @Prestwich_Blue trying to introduce facts onto that thread was hard to read.

Never blocked so many people on twitter before, and all in the replies.

Sports journalism has gone, it's all just click bait and appeasing Utd and Liverpool fans now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.