Does the constant slander about City bother you?

Apart from the simple jealousy I’m starting to think it’s an English thing. Deference and knowing your place is so ingrained. So when a player moves to the rags or liverpool it’s ok, they’re moving up, the natural order of things. But if a player moves to little new money city, owned by a non Anglo-Saxon foreigner, then that is disrupting the hierarchy, they’re forgetting their place and getting above their station. Perhaps I’m thinking too much about it and it’s just good old fashioned bitter envy.
That's what I've never understood, why is it OK for players to move to them but not yourselves, I was gutted when we lost Grealish, but I understood his reasons and don't blame him, plus £100 million is not bad compensation :-).

Yourselves are only doing what the others have done for years, now they don't like it, I hope that as we cant do the same due to FFP, with the money our owners are investing and steady progress we can be knocking on that top 4 door in next 2 to 3 years and come and join you in pissing of the so called old sky teams.

I'd of been well pissed if Grealish of ended up at united, pool or chavski, even if they had paid £150 Million.

He's with the best manager to take him to the level us villa fans know he can get to, just a, shame southtwat didn't use him this summer properly or we'd be European champs.

Anyway just ignore the jealous twats I say.

That's what I've never understood, why is it OK for players to move to them but not yourselves, I was gutted when we lost Grealish, but I understood his reasons and don't blame him, plus £100 million is not bad compensation :-).

Yourselves are only doing what the others have done for years, now they don't like it, I hope that as we cant do the same due to FFP, with the money our owners are investing and steady progress we can be knocking on that top 4 door in next 2 to 3 years and come and join you in pissing of the so called old sky teams.

I'd of been well pissed if Grealish of ended up at united, pool or chavski, even if they had paid £150 Million.

He's with the best manager to take him to the level us villa fans know he can get to, just a, shame southtwat didn't use him this summer properly or we'd be European champs.

Anyway just ignore the jealous twats I say.
Unfortunately you will find it far harder to break into the top four. We signed Grealish and the red top clubs will be looking to sign any other diamonds that shine too brightly at Villa. I hope you do it and I would love to see the likes of West Ham, Everton, etc join you, but you won't be welcome to the party where they are concerned.

Apart from the simple jealousy I’m starting to think it’s an English thing. Deference and knowing your place is so ingrained. So when a player moves to the rags or liverpool it’s ok, they’re moving up, the natural order of things. But if a player moves to little new money city, owned by a non Anglo-Saxon foreigner, then that is disrupting the hierarchy, they’re forgetting their place and getting above their station. Perhaps I’m thinking too much about it and it’s just good old fashioned bitter envy.
Thats an interesting take and one I certainly would not disagree with.

As a country we have been deferential for so long its almost natural behaviour, we are the Usurpers to the throne and therefore are not worthy of deference, because as you say in the old order we little old City, well not anymore.

Unfortunately you will find it far harder to break into the top four. We signed Grealish and the red top clubs will be looking to sign any other diamonds that shine too brightly at Villa. I hope you do it and I would love to see the likes of West Ham, Everton, etc join you, but you won't be welcome to the party where they are concerned.
I agree but that's the fun about doing it, putting there noses out of place, 1 of the old sky teams already fucked in Arsenal, be great to put another there like the scouser or your noisy neighbours ;-), it's not going to be easy but not impossible, Leicester have almost done it regularly.

I think we have the right owners and model in place we just need that little luck, we only finished 12 points off top 4 last year and we lost Jack for 3 months and hardly picked up any points, we have no jack this season but think we are more rounded as a team and not so reliant on 1 player, just need a few games for all to be fit and gel. (IMHO).

I agree but that's the fun about doing it, putting there noses out of place, 1 of the old sky teams already fucked in Arsenal, be great to put another there like the scouser or your noisy neighbours ;-), it's not going to be easy but not impossible, Leicester have almost done it regularly.

I think we have the right owners and model in place we just need that little luck, we only finished 12 points off top 4 last year and we lost Jack for 3 months and hardly picked up any points, we have no jack this season but think we are more rounded as a team and not so reliant on 1 player, just need a few games for all to be fit and gel. (IMHO).
You’re right, it is fun watching the twitch and it’s possible to disrupt, as you say look at Arsenal’s drop, look at the way Leicester in particular are building with good management and clever buys, Villa, Brighton, Saints, Everton, West Ham doing something similar, an intelligent long term approach, playing with an identity. Squad depth tells in the end, but that piece of the jigsaw takes time and Leicester again have shown - this summer - a deeper squad can be built & it may mean they can sustain it for a full season this time.

One of the Whatsapp groups i'm in, a friend who supports Liverpool put up photos of the Kompany and Silva statues from close up and said they look totally ridiculous.
I replied with the longer distance photos with the Etihad in the background that the official site put up on Friday night and said I thought they looked good, he then agreed they didn't look to bad from that angle.
United fan chirps up - any statues of anyone from before 2008?
I reply with the one of Bert Trautmann
He says - who the fuck is this guy?
I say well you wanted one of someone from before 2008, don't come back to me because you don't know your football

Cool story i know, but thats the shit we have to deal with

cheats stuff annoys me, just slapped arse twats who can't admit they are wrong. Not bothered about money digs as its simple to explain everyone spends.

The one that really annoys me is no one cares when u win. As these bitter twats may aswel throw a street party when we lose big games.

Probably going to recieve more after the mendy news, just seen a video of people smashing his cars and property up don’t know if blues or not

Probably going to recieve more after the mendy news, just seen a video of people smashing his cars and property up don’t know if blues or not
I’ve heard previously to all this recent news about Mendy, that he had no Driving Licence or insurance for all his cars anyway. He had a Lamborghini taken from him by the Police last year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.