Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get rid, I don't even know why this is a debate. Bored of seeing him jog around the pitch, it's time for some new players in midfield.

This is what I don't understand as well. Shouldn't we be aiming for a mobile and pacy midfield with the best manager in charge ? Why should we carry Yaya to drag our club (mostly by his agent) and performance on the pitch backwards? I don't get this sentiment. He is not like Zabaleta who is City through and through.

Yaya can still play well when he wants to.
Nowadays, he only seems to want to if he's the star man on a big stage.
In those big games, City line up better with Yaya on the bench and coming on as a sub
City do need him to perform well for games like last night.
Those are exactly the games he doesn't care about any more.

How do you resolve that? Yaya doesn't want to perform the role we need from him, and was godawful yesterday. Only a few matches to go, but it's not how I want to remember him.
Lots of people interpret it as laziness. It's not laziness. He just does not have the speed and stamina any more.

Yaya is a definite goner and no doubt why he didn't put any effort in meaningless game(for him) like this, and I doubt old Pellers was arsed about the result as well.

In Yaya's case it is all about Yaya.

Has been a great asset for us, but too often he just doesn't give a shit.

No longer taking free kicks, no longer going on devastating runs he just jogs around playing short little passes what earthly use is that to the team?

He's all but confirmed he's leaving by proxy through his agent. Anyone who think his agent just says this stuff on his own is deluding themselves. Yaya knows next season he'd have to fight tooth and nail for a spot in the team and he doesn't fancy it. He's just going through the motions until the season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.