Does Yaya still have a role?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hates? How can anyone hate Yaya?

Fair enough disagree with his motives or his actions, but hate?

And to be fair to him, he did tell us he wanted to leave two years ago so it's not like we didn't have any warning about the last two seasons. His legs have gone, he knew it two years ago, that title winning season will have taken a lot out of him as he knew it was his swansong and he put everything into it, he was immense but that was the end. He went a strange way of telling us he wanted to leave and the club refused. That's the club's fault, not Yaya's!

When we won that title, Souness was on & they showed replays of Yaya bulldozing away from opponents etc. Souness basically said, City need to redefine the way Yaya plays. He said that, from his own experience, when you reach Yaya's age, you can't continue to do what he was doing & that he's a very special player & that City need to look after him.

Pellegrini played him in the same role for two more years, even if it regularly cost us points. Same again the week after, over & over & over. No attempt whatsoever to see if Yaya could do a different job & the team formation could be rejigged. Just hang him out to dry week in week out.

He may not suit Pep's plans because of the unique way he plays, but Yaya's performances over the last couple of seasons (where he's still been one of our better players) have resulted from a clueless manager throwing him to the wolves & asking him to do stuff he can't do.

He should have been either protected & valued or sold, not made to look a ****, outnumbered in midfield vs a bunch of younger players.

I don't think he'd have the slightest problem right now, playing for City, if Pep decided he wanted to use him & protected him tactically. If Pep doesn't fancy that, then it's his choice. Unlikely he will ask Yaya to leg it around as if he was 22, vs top 6 teams, like that con man did.

Daily mirror setting new low standard s in journalism the headline yaya toures agent mino raiola slams pep.
Its been up for an hour now wonder when they will spot it ?
The good news is the daily mirror has amended its headline to zlatan agent!!
They literally are making stuff up,is nothing proof read or checked before being published that was just a very very basic thing to check up on

Last edited:
'False 9' Saturday?

That would spark confusion everywhere.

He'd be quite handy at the front post too..

Hates? How can anyone hate Yaya?

Fair enough disagree with his motives or his actions, but hate?

And to be fair to him, he did tell us he wanted to leave two years ago so it's not like we didn't have any warning about the last two seasons. His legs have gone, he knew it two years ago, that title winning season will have taken a lot out of him as he knew it was his swansong and he put everything into it, he was immense but that was the end. He went a strange way of telling us he wanted to leave and the club refused. That's the club's fault, not Yaya's!

My feelings on Yaya and his brother are pretty clear. If you don't think his actions on that issue deserve hatred then we will leave it at that. It was an unconscionable thing he did. I have never heard of any athlete stooping so low. How anyone can be a fan of his regardless of what he did on the field for us after that incident is beyond me.

When we won that title, Souness was on & they showed replays of Yaya bulldozing away from opponents etc. Souness basically said, City need to redefine the way Yaya plays. He said that, from his own experience, when you reach Yaya's age, you can't continue to do what he was doing & that he's a very special player & that City need to look after him.

Pellegrini played him in the same role for two more years, even if it regularly cost us points. Same again the week after, over & over & over. No attempt whatsoever to see if Yaya could do a different job & the team formation could be rejigged. Just hang him out to dry week in week out.

He may not suit Pep's plans because of the unique way he plays, but Yaya's performances over the last couple of seasons (where he's still been one of our better players) have resulted from a clueless manager throwing him to the wolves & asking him to do stuff he can't do.

He should have been either protected & valued or sold, not made to look a ****, outnumbered in midfield vs a bunch of younger players.

I don't think he'd have the slightest problem right now, playing for City, if Pep decided he wanted to use him & protected him tactically. If Pep doesn't fancy that, then it's his choice. Unlikely he will ask Yaya to leg it around as if he was 22, vs top 6 teams, like that con man did.

You can't tailor a whole team just to suit one player. Although i agree with you, that Pellegrini didn't help.

So you defend his character in general but not for select issues?
I don't defend his character at all. I defend what's right. The right to collect what you have earned via contract. Without some fan selectively snickering about your choice. The same right Joe earned by signing a contract and the club paying a majority of his salary while he plays for someone else.

I point out the double standards on such matters. Whether it's Yaya now or Wayne Bridge few years ago.

Many here make silly comments like some player is stealing a wage. As if these players put a gun to Txiki's head when he signed them (and I use Txiki metaphorically to represent management).
Before someone shows up to point out the obvious that Txiki didn't sign Bridge and thus I'm wrong in this instance. :P

The point here being I don't defend players, I defend understable positions. Don't particularly care much for Yaya petulance with refs on the field or his agent's. Never have, nor do I defend them. But I don't pretend they are of much consequence either.

So I don't use it as an excuse to gin up unwarranted hate or dislike. I know what Yaya is. A surly, brooding, chip on his shoulders and big man with an overbearing father like figure of an agent. Yet I loved every minute of his greatness here. I loved how the chip on his shoulder made him believe he and by extension City was better than United even before we truly became better. I loved the seeming immeasurabiIity of his talent at his peak. I liked him slapping Mata upside the head, telling Valencia to get lost and telling Rooney not to talk to him. I hated his constant whinning to the ref when he clearly just committed a foul, his laziness on defense sometimes. I take him for what he is.

I don't defend him, just like I don't defend the club when it does shitty things either. I didn't defend Marwood calling out an ex players cancer striker Mom. I don't defend wrong acts. Period. I just say what they are and what real effects I think if any they have in the greater scheme of things.

Anyway this has now turned into a rant :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.