Does your wife earn more than you?

When we first met, I earned far more than Mrs G. But nowadays after she has done so well, she earns three times what I do.....what goes around and all that....no problem for either of us. Why should there be?

Gaudino said:
When we first met, I earned far more than Mrs G. But nowadays after she has done so well, she earns three times what I do.....what goes around and all that....no problem for either of us. Why should there be?
Just one pot at the end of the day isn't it? A pot for bills and scran, then what's yours is yours. That's how we will do it anyway, and how I did it with the kids' mum when we were together.

guinnessdaze said:
My parents spent a lifetime arguing about their separate accounts,"you owe me 20p" was sadly a common occurrence (true).When i met my wife i always said we would 'pool' our money,and i was more than happy with that,even though i was earning twice as much as her.Sadly when the roles were reversed,EVERY argument ended up as "I earn more than you",she saw it as a power thing for some reason.After 27 years of being a couple we are about to split,7 years ago she stopped earning money,but frequently reminds me that once...she earned more than me!

Fucking hell mate she sounds like a right woman. You'll be better off without her

She used to earn more, then I did, now, as I'm at college and doing voluntary work, I don't.

When we both were earning all bills, food etc was split 50/50 and what was left was for ourselves to do as see fit.

I have never had any problem with her earning more than me. Why would I?

Some feminists would argue that if you're a kept man (Stay at home dad) then you're nothing but a cocklodger.

But if a woman is lucky enough to afford to be a (Stay at home mum) she's getting what is rightfully hers and she should demand he respects that.

In a proper household that doesn't matter though and funds are pooled.

That's code for the wife earns more than me and i'm not a cocklodger :-)

Yep she earns a lot more than me, but it all goes in the same accounts and everything is shared. I don't have a problem with it at all.
First time she mentions it though I'll take her fucking head off! :-)

BoyBlue_1985 said:
guinnessdaze said:
My parents spent a lifetime arguing about their separate accounts,"you owe me 20p" was sadly a common occurrence (true).When i met my wife i always said we would 'pool' our money,and i was more than happy with that,even though i was earning twice as much as her.Sadly when the roles were reversed,EVERY argument ended up as "I earn more than you",she saw it as a power thing for some reason.After 27 years of being a couple we are about to split,7 years ago she stopped earning money,but frequently reminds me that once...she earned more than me!

Fucking hell mate she sounds like a right woman. You'll be better off without her
Hopefully i will,trouble is she's teaching the 'Tricks of the Trade' to my 7 year old daughter! Cant wait to get out,but when children are involved it's difficult.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.