Does your wife earn more than you?

I always earned a considerable amount more than my ex husband. He was a lazy fooker who was incapable of holding down a job for long, suppose that means he was quite happy living on my salary. Shame he's broke now, NOT!

I earn a lot more than my missus who is a nurse, she works much harder than I do and deserves far more than me. We pool our wages in to the same account so it makes no difference to us who earns the most as what's left is our money. I could never understand how some couples pay halves towards the bills then keep their own money. Perhaps that's why we are still together after meeting at college 20 years ago.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
My wife has been.the main breadwinner for the last three years sincemy business went.tits up. I expect.that to.change imminently as I havemanaged to haul myself back to a position of relative stregnth, but I am struggling to understand why anyone would have a problem with it.

Unless they were unbelievably insecure of course.

Was your business proofreading, by any chance? ;)

Yep, she does. But then a couple of years ago I earned more. It means fuck all to us, the point is that we're a sustainable team.

My parents spent a lifetime arguing about their separate accounts,"you owe me 20p" was sadly a common occurrence (true).When i met my wife i always said we would 'pool' our money,and i was more than happy with that,even though i was earning twice as much as her.Sadly when the roles were reversed,EVERY argument ended up as "I earn more than you",she saw it as a power thing for some reason.After 27 years of being a couple we are about to split,7 years ago she stopped earning money,but frequently reminds me that once...she earned more than me!

guinnessdaze said:
My parents spent a lifetime arguing about their separate accounts,"you owe me 20p" was sadly a common occurrence (true).When i met my wife i always said we would 'pool' our money,and i was more than happy with that,even though i was earning twice as much as her.Sadly when the roles were reversed,EVERY argument ended up as "I earn more than you",she saw it as a power thing for some reason.After 27 years of being a couple we are about to split,7 years ago she stopped earning money,but frequently reminds me that once...she earned more than me!

I earn't the money for our first 5 years together and the Mrs has earn't it the last 5, as i look after the kids.

You should say the old saying to your soon to be ex-Mrs, "Eaten bread is soon forgotten".

Fuck her off and enjoy life, good luck.

pominoz said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
My wife has been.the main breadwinner for the last three years sincemy business went.tits up. I expect.that to.change imminently as I havemanaged to haul myself back to a position of relative stregnth, but I am struggling to understand why anyone would have a problem with it.

Unless they were unbelievably insecure of course.

Was your business proofreading, by any chance? ;)
Haha! No. This fucking phone is driving me insane.

I know a bad workman blames his tools, and if so I must be a shocking worker ;-)

pominoz said:
guinnessdaze said:

I earned the money for our first 5 years together and the Mrs has earnt it the last 5, as i look after the kids.

You should say the old saying to your soon to be ex-Mrs, "Eaten bread is soon forgotten".

Fuck her off and enjoy life, good luck.
Cheers GDM,I prefer the quote my cousin mentioned,"Don't CALL me a woman,I already know".Suitable for a fair few of the female sex!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.