Doesn't sound like its going well...

citytill1die84 said:
Glad I pulled out of this I'm not shit bag but boy does that place sound horrible. I usually go the away trips but me and a 1 legged man wouldn't of stood a chance. It's a disgrace hope all u blues out there stay safe and do us proud tomoz :)

Me to, been to most of the others but I'm in my 60's and my mates in his 70's, so we can't run all that fast anymore. Anyhow, decided to give it a miss in case they go out and look for trouble afterwards.

Damocles said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
This is what you get when tickets go open sale.

Always attracts dickheads.

This is what you get when you have a bunch of wankers following the club who think that they are "proper big time" and the rest of the fans are beneath them because they "aren't proper". Division breeds conflict.
Exactly...and those pwoper naughty boys chose Sorrento. Feel for all the good fans that went there for all the right reason. I'm in Pozzuoli (suburb) at moment and planes are coming in every 15 mins no doubt some city fans on board. I'll be going up town about 11 (10) and returning about 3.30 (2.30) ....I'll let you know what I see.

Damocles said:

This is what you get when you have a bunch of wankers following the club who think that they are "proper big time" and the rest of the fans are beneath them because they "aren't proper". Division breeds conflict.

^ This. Would not surprise me in the slightest if City fans cause more damage to each other than the bloody Naple wankers. Listening in the stands at Etihad, lots of moaning and arguing going on all the time.

FWIW I still don't think people have recovered from the massive split in fans that was over the whole Hughes/Mancini and even before than Sven and Thaksin.

pete1201 said:
the 3 lines of news on the Positano website looks like it was lifted straight off Bluemoon.....

Poor translation by google too. "Brawl in Sorrento. 150 supporters of Manchester City against Napoli supporters resident in Sorrento."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.positanonews.it/categorie/17/news_penisola_sorrentina.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.positanonews.it/categorie/17 ... ntina.html</a>

Hi Pete

I came through Pozzuli yesterday. Nice little town with a harbour.
I started to climb that big bumpy hill, but another cyclist told me the road deteriorates badly!! I turned round and came past the stadium, great decision!!!

Bazzmand Show said:
Damocles said:

^ This. Would not surprise me in the slightest if City fans cause more damage to each other than the bloody Naple wankers. Listening in the stands at Etihad, lots of moaning and arguing going on all the time.

FWIW I still don't think people have recovered from the massive split in fans that was over the whole Hughes/Mancini and even before than Sven and Thaksin.
I think you have those two words in the wrong place, if of course De Niro's account is accurate, which I have no reason to think otherwise. I thought the Danny Dire brigade had stayed here, judging off some of the cringe-worthy comments on this thread last night, but it appears not.

phil31 said:
Hi Pete

I came through Pozzuli yesterday. Nice little town with a harbour.
I started to climb that big bumpy hill, but another cyclist told me the road deteriorates badly!! I turned round and came past the stadium, great decision!!!
Well done mate...yes is a nice place....Sophia Loren hails from here. Has some great restaurants and ferries to Procida and Ischia. It is only 20 mins into town by train. Cannot imagine what it is like for you in some old parts f the city with those uneven flagstones!!!!!
Well done for making it!!

Bazzmand Show said:
Damocles said:

http://translate.google.it/translate?u=http://www.positanonews.it/index.php?&sl=it&tl=en

Sorrento. Rissa tra tifosi del Manchester e quelli del Napoli Brawl between fans of Manchester and those of Naples Un'immagine della partita Manchester City- Napoli An image of the match Manchester City to Naples
Rissa a Sorrento. Brawl in Sorrento. 150 tifosi del Manchester City contro i tifosi napoletani residenti a Sorrento. 150 supporters of Manchester City fans against the residents of Naples to Sorrento. La rissa è avvenuta verso le 21 sul Corso Italia. The brawl took place around 21 o'clock on the course Italy.

Un giorno prima della partita di Champions c'è già tensione tra le due tifoserie. One day before the Champions League match there is already tension between the two sides. Ma è triste che una competizione sportiva generi tali fenomeni. But it is sad that a sporting genres such phenomena.

Longsight-memories said:
Bazzmand Show said:
Damocles said:

http://translate.google.it/translate?u=http://www.positanonews.it/index.php?&sl=it&tl=en

Sorrento. Rissa tra tifosi del Manchester e quelli del Napoli Brawl between fans of Manchester and those of Naples Un'immagine della partita Manchester City- Napoli An image of the match Manchester City to Naples
Rissa a Sorrento. Brawl in Sorrento. 150 tifosi del Manchester City contro i tifosi napoletani residenti a Sorrento. 150 supporters of Manchester City fans against the residents of Naples to Sorrento. La rissa è avvenuta verso le 21 sul Corso Italia. The brawl took place around 21 o'clock on the course Italy.

Un giorno prima della partita di Champions c'è già tensione tra le due tifoserie. One day before the Champions League match there is already tension between the two sides. Ma è triste che una competizione sportiva generi tali fenomeni. But it is sad that a sporting genres such phenomena.

Quite the most pathetic piece of journalism I have ever read....we need actual witness accounts and quotes from official sources....this positano website is the victim of hearsay....There have been a couple of good posts from people out there that have credibility....but also plenty of mischief...you bluemooners know the difference between a reliable source and somene getting off on aggro. All this twitter and FB shit seems nonsense

Still nothing from the Naples media

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.