Doesn't sound like its going well...

pete1201 said:
phil31 said:
Hi Pete

I came through Pozzuli yesterday. Nice little town with a harbour.
I started to climb that big bumpy hill, but another cyclist told me the road deteriorates badly!! I turned round and came past the stadium, great decision!!!
Well done mate...yes is a nice place....Sophia Loren hails from here. Has some great restaurants and ferries to Procida and Ischia. It is only 20 mins into town by train. Cannot imagine what it is like for you in some old parts f the city with those uneven flagstones!!!!!
Well done for making it!!

Them flagstones are a nightmare. They are everywhere in Italy!!!! I didnt know Sophia Loren hailed from there, must be something in the water. I hope today passes off without any mither. Patrick Viera was walking around Naples last night,that speaks volumes to me.
I was sat with a Napoli fan last night. They said its going to be an amazing atmosphere and all Naples is up for it!!!!!
Its currently pissing down as you know. Im going to hit the streets in a moment and check out Museo Nazionale.
Have a good day pal.

phil31 said:
pete1201 said:
phil31 said:
Hi Pete

I came through Pozzuli yesterday. Nice little town with a harbour.
I started to climb that big bumpy hill, but another cyclist told me the road deteriorates badly!! I turned round and came past the stadium, great decision!!!
Well done mate...yes is a nice place....Sophia Loren hails from here. Has some great restaurants and ferries to Procida and Ischia. It is only 20 mins into town by train. Cannot imagine what it is like for you in some old parts f the city with those uneven flagstones!!!!!
Well done for making it!!

Them flagstones are a nightmare. They are everywhere in Italy!!!! I didnt know Sophia Loren hailed from there, must be something in the water. I hope today passes off without any mither. Patrick Viera was walking around Naples last night,that speaks volumes to me.
I was sat with a Napoli fan last night. They said its going to be an amazing atmosphere and all Naples is up for it!!!!!
Its currently pissing down as you know. Im going to hit the streets in a moment and check out Museo Nazionale.
Have a good day pal.
I'm telling you now...that museum will blow you away....it's fantastic. Pozzuoli currently cloudy but no rain...expect we'll get it soon

Bazzmand Show said:
Damocles said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
This is what you get when tickets go open sale.

Always attracts dickheads.

This is what you get when you have a bunch of wankers following the club who think that they are "proper big time" and the rest of the fans are beneath them because they "aren't proper". Division breeds conflict.

^ This. Would not surprise me in the slightest if City fans cause more damage to each other than the bloody Naple wankers. Listening in the stands at Etihad, lots of moaning and arguing going on all the time.

FWIW I still don't think people have recovered from the massive split in fans that was over the whole Hughes/Mancini and even before than Sven and Thaksin.

Could be the do gooders get their comeuppance ,we live in hope..
Don’t smoke there, don’t stand up,etc etc

Had a great night last night in Naples. Not a hint of trouble whatsoever.
Everybody very friendly, giving us free drinks in bars etc.
Met Paddy V on an evening stroll.
Everyone seems to love Balotelli, even heard a couple of kids trying to sing his song!

Fanny Fart said:
Everyone seems to love Balotelli, even heard a couple of kids trying to sing his song!

FF lets hope it stays that way...I had coffee yesterday morning with some Ultras and they said things shuld be ok ...but that they could not legislate for some of the idiots in the city...they complimented City fans fr the way they were received in Manchester

pete1201 said:
Fanny Fart said:

FF lets hope it stays that way...I had coffee yesterday morning with some Ultras and they said things shuld be ok ...but that they could not legislate for some of the idiots in the city...they complimented City fans fr the way they were received in Manchester

That's the impression I got - the napoli fans I spoke to said there are some idiots they can't do anything about (and we'll also have a few of our own over here), I think minor incidents are inevitable but in the main it will be peaceful.

One thing Pete - the owner of this bar we were in kept on stressing how long it would take to get to the match. Kept on saying to set off in a taxi at 5pm as it would take at least 2 hours. What do u think to that?

I was going to get the bus from the port but didn't fancy setting of that early.

fights between locals and some citys looking for it. troubles also between city fans (very drunk)

pete1201 said:
Fanny Fart said:

Purely out of interest, what are Napoli's 'Ultras' called? By that I mean do they have a name? Seen a few documentaries about Italian fans, the Irreduccibili of Lazio, the Drughi of Juventus - have these Napoli Ultras got a name? Is it political like those of Lazio?

mcrpogue said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Brian woolnough tweeted the press conference is total chaos.

Micah tweeted "hostile isn't the word"

This is going to be a defining moment for the team,if we come out of this on top nothing will stop us.

Correct Mica......Grease is!

WRONG!!!! Everyone knows that the BIRD is the word!

Just to point out to everyone; ULTRAS DO NOT CAUSE TROUBLE! Teas are colour wearing noise making supporters. They are not hooligans!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.