Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm far from a Trump fan and would've preferred Hillary to win but now its happened I'm trying to look for any potential positives. Firstly, I don't think Trump is quite as obnoxious and bigoted as he came across during the campaign. Secondly, despite noises in some quarters that he'll be a huge threat to world peace I can't help thinking that he's a lesser threat than Hillary. Thirdly, I reckon he might well deliver on at least some of his promises to the American people - not all of them as that would be impossible, but it looks like austerity in the US could be over. Fourthly, there's a chance that the outlook for ourselves post-Brexit could now be brighter given his vocal support for Brexit and it's interesting to note that the pound is rocketing against the Euro.

All in all, this might not turn out to be quite as bad as many people feared. Of course, he won't be making all the decisions by himself either - he'll have a good support group of experts advising him every step of the way.
This is the spin being put on it now by many people borne out of their fear for what the future holds and is just wishful thinking on their part.
For example do you really believe it's his style to have a "good support group of experts advising him every step of the way"?

Yes, although the Democrats weren't spoiled for choice. Once Biden dropped out of the race they didnt seem to have many credible options. The worrying thing is that they could be in the same situation in 2020. Hence Michelle Obama is already being touted as their saviour.

I would be absolutely astonished if she decided to run that gauntlet after seeing the amount of shit her husband had to put up with for the last 8 years.

As an aside, if it was her that Trump had gone up against this time, I think she would more than likely have wiped the floor with him.

I see the mard arses are out rioting. Democracy is shite when it doesn't go your way.
On this day of all days you should understand that people fought to have the right of free speech and the right to demonstrate if they want too,the orange **** would not have taken defeat at all gracefully which would also have been his right

On this day of all days you should understand that people fought to have the right of free speech and the right to demonstrate if they want too,the orange **** would not have taken defeat at all gracefully which would also have been his right
Yeah, right. I'm sure the first thing those unwashed student arsehole types were thinking was 'hey, my grandpappy died for my right to riot'......... Just a bunch of mard arses, like the Remain shower over here, who can't hack democracy.

Anyway, it makes the news interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.