Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's considered to be pretty even before Trump. Yellow line is baseline

800px-Graph_of_Martin-Quinn_Scores_of_Supreme_Court_Justices_1937-Now.png

This is really cool, I'd never seen this chart before.

Among the courts considered most conservative (and therefore, in some folks' minds, the most politically partisan) was the one which voted 8-0 against Nixon's claim of executive privilege over the Watergate tape release.

The court has a funny way of de-politicizing the interpretation of the law. 9 justices is a good number; another win for the founding fathers.

800px-Graph_of_Martin-Quinn_Scores_of_Supreme_Court_Justices_1937-Now.png

Nice chart. Court had a conservative slant before Trump and still has a conservative slant. Although as FogBlue says even with a conservative slant or any slant the SC does have a way of taking politics out of the situation. The GOP is obsessed with maintaining or strengthening the conservative leanings of the judiciary. McConnell seems to have made it his life mission. As with the 60 rule on legislation it’s a necessary bulwark against liberal policies and increasingly challenging demographics.

Among the courts considered most conservative (and therefore, in some folks' minds, the most politically partisan) was the one which voted 8-0 against Nixon's claim of executive privilege over the Watergate tape release.

The court has a funny way of de-politicizing the interpretation of the law. 9 justices is a good number; another win for the founding fathers.

Well yeah. This is why the "BK said he'd never impeach a sitting President!!!" stuff was absolute nonsense.

BK wrote an article about his personal beliefs, not about his interpretation of the Constitution. In fact I seem to recall that he's on record as saying that the Constitution DOESN'T support such an outcome. And his job now is to interpret the Constitution.

As predicted a few pages back, nobody will be talking about this by page 2300. Storm in a teacup, a political ploy that many got suckered in to.

It was RIGHT leaning, with Kennedy considered the most moderate right winger. This is NOT news.

What has happened is that with the death of Scalia, a hard right vote was needed to replace him. They got that. In replacing Kennedy, the moderate conservative, they have now got yet another hard right vote, which means the so-called “moderate” vote has disappeared and the Court has LURCHED to the right.

The fear is that RBG and/or Breyer will not make it to the end of Trump’s term in office, which will give the court a 6-3/7-2 hard right bent until forever.

It is telling that the right now has 5 men, over 1/3 of whom were accused of sexual assault and/or harassment by highly educated women, while 75% of the Justice on the left are women, who represent the 51% of the American population who are apparently weak liars...also called women elsewhere in the world!

Nice chart. Court had a conservative slant before Trump and still has a conservative slant. Although as FogBlue says even with a conservative slant or any slant the SC does have a way of taking politics out of the situation. The GOP is obsessed with maintaining or strengthening the conservative leanings of the judiciary. McConnell seems to have made it his life mission. As with the 60 rule on legislation it’s a necessary bulwark against liberal policies and increasingly challenging demographics.

“increasingly challenging demographics”????

Do you mean “the population of the United States”???

Yeah, can’t have those new non-white new American citizens and their families SOILING the white male dominantion of America, can we?!

Actually, I think 9 MAKES IT POLITICAL. Having that majority vote is what has created this political furor....that and the “win at all costs” demeanour of the white male right wing establishment, and the billionaires that fund them, trying to ensure their version of A,Erica survives for at least one more generation.

BTW, have you heard of any judicial fallout from the 4-4 court? No, me, either!

8 makes it incumbent upon compromise and strong arguments to get to 5-3, which would be the majority vote needed to overturn the lower court rulings. And, fwiw, the court hasn’t always had 9.

“increasingly challenging demographics”????

Do you mean “the population of the United States”???

Yeah, can’t have those new non-white new American citizens and their families SOILING the white male dominantion of America, can we?!

That’s the GOP view. And yeah I can see how it looks like that’s my view too. It isn’t. It’s just badly worded.

Remember when a tennis judge was called a racist sexist for applying the rules of tennis?

Remember a female tennis player getting a code violation for changing her top? Your tireless fight to pick out examples to discredit a genuine problem goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.