Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a damning indictment of the American dream. They elected an idiot. History won't show that it was a protest vote, and I'm not sure it is. The yanks have been happy to make sure the lower classes remain uneducated. Now they are reaping the benefits.
America voted for an idiot to be president. I still quite can't believe it.
At least they elected their idiot. Within the last 10 years we've had Brown as PM, May as PM and a coalition government. None of those options were voted for, by anyone.

I loooooved the uranium comment! Oh, I was chuckling so hard at the thought that he was educating some journos on what uranium was, as he'd just learned about it in the last week!!

Is this the 'wins' he was bragging about on the campaign? If so...

...Please Donald, stop winning so much already!!

That was the maddest bit. Apparently you can do things with it, nuclear bombs, bad things...
I bet the journalists post 'press conference' discussions between themselves were fun.

If you call smugly not answering a single question then calling the questions fake news handing him his arse, you're as deluded as your hero. I saw a presenter struggling not to piss himself laughing at the smug stupidity of the interviewee.

That was rather how I saw it. Gorka had a point on a couple of occasions, but not engaging the point seemed to be the main aim.

Not sure if this deserves a new thread (mods - feel free to create one if you wish), but...

How long do we think it will be before Trump gets kicked out? Personally, I've come to the conclusion that his continuing for 4 years is impossible. I think his impeachment is inevitable, unless he is assassinated.

I've been reading up on what ground there needs to be for impeachment, and there's different interpretations, ranging from Gerald Ford's view that the House of Representatives can impeach the president on whatever grounds it likes, to another that Presidents cannot be impeached unless they have broken the law.

However, the American Constitution as drawn up by the founding fathers, states that a president may be removed for "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors". Interestingly the "other high Crimes and Misdemeanors" part comes from our laws here in England, where misdemeanors means any bad acts or serious misconduct. So the most reliable conclusion is that Trump can be impeached for any significant abuse of the authority of his office.

So the question is when, not if, I think. And I don't think that's got so much to do with Trump actually. I think it's more to do with how long people in the House of Representatives are prepared to put up with this dangerous lunatic. And whether (when) they think there's a good chance of the impeachment charge being upheld by the Senate.

I'm guessing he's not got long and I won't be at all surprised if this unravelling of his presidency starts within the next month or so.

He's inevitably going to break the law anyway - he probably has already - and if nothing else when his tax returns are leaked by the someone in the IRS passing them to the FBI, passing them to the media, then he's toast I expect.

Last edited:
Not sure if this deserves a new thread (mods - feel free to create one if you wish), but...

How long do we think it will be before Trump gets kicked out? Personally, I've come to the conclusion that his continuing for 4 years is impossible. I think his impeachment is inevitable, unless he is assassinated.

I've been reading up on what ground there needs to be for impeachment, and there's different interpretations, ranging from Gerald Ford's view that the House of Representatives can impeach the president on whatever grounds it likes, to another that Presidents cannot be impeached unless they have broken the law.

However, the American Constitution as drawn up by the founding fathers, states that a president may be removed for "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors". Interestingly the "other high Crimes and Misdemeanors" part comes from our laws here in England, where misdemeanors means any bad acts or serious misconduct. So the most reliable conclusion is that Trump can be impeached for any significant abuse of the authority of his office.

So the question is when, not if, I think. And I don't think that's got so much to do with Trump actually. I think it's more to do with how long people in the House of Representatives are prepared to put up with this dangerous lunatic. And whether (when) they think there's a good chance of the impeachment charge being upheld by the Senate.

I'm guessing he's not got long and I won't be at all surprised if this unravelling of his presidency starts within the next month or so.

He's inevitably going to break the law anyway - he probably has already - and if nothing else when his tax returns are leaked by the someone in the IRS passing them to the FBI, passing them to the media, then he's toast I expect.
Bookies odds are:
2017: 3/1
2018: 9/2
2019: 8/1
2020 or later: 4/5

So he's still odds on to finish his term.

3/1 for 2017 looks very attractive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.