Donald Trump

What more does anyone need to get one over on Trump? It's like scoring a 13th goal in a 12-nil romp.

You apparently have some idea of what it's like here -- more evidence of your thoughtlessness -- but I tell you what: you come visit here and I'd be happy to show you around -- I'll take you to all the spots, good and bad, as I have done for others. Like literally everyone else, you'll say "I was wrong."

Also, feel free to dig up what you think your most thoughtful post is if you think I'm wrong about how little you know.

Hint: I'm not.
Why are blue states showing overall highest crime rates? Big government has historically had no clue controlling the masses. These experiments from the democrats are a complete failure. Without accountability people will take advantage.

How many drugs are legal in San Francisco without an actual safety net or plan to get the help they need? Or are the services too tied up sorting the undocumented?

Your city is a mess. Along with many others.

Why are blue states showing overall highest crime rates? Big government has historically had no clue controlling the masses. These experiments from the democrats are a complete failure. Without accountability people will take advantage.

How many drugs are legal in San Francisco without an actual safety net or plan to get the help they need? Or are the services too tied up sorting the undocumented?

Crime is down. You don't believe Trump, do you?

This is demonstratively false.

Data indicates that states led by Republican governments generally have higher per capita violent crime rates compared to Democratic-led states. Analyses of crime data from recent years show that many of the states with the highest violent crime rates lean Republican, whilst states with the lowest rates tend to lean Democratic.

For instance, in 2020, nine out of the ten states with the highest violent crime rates were Republican-led, whereas eight out of ten states with the lowest rates leaned Democratic.

Homicide rates have also generally been higher in Republican-leaning states over the past two decades, partly attributed to factors like higher poverty, greater gun ownership, and lower investment in social services in those regions. I would also say that the increasingly violent and bigoted rhetoric from Republican leaders has contributed to that trend.

Currently, the majority of the states in the top 25 for per capita violent crime, per FBI statistics, are Republican-led.

I find it unusual that a complete stranger but fellow blue has offered you a guided tour of his city, and offered you the chance to cherry pick a thoughtful post out of what I’m sure are many, and you’ve ignored both offers.

This is demonstratively false.

Data indicates that states led by Republican governments generally have higher per capita violent crime rates compared to Democratic-led states. Analyses of crime data from recent years show that many of the states with the highest violent crime rates lean Republican, whilst states with the lowest rates tend to lean Democratic.

For instance, in 2020, nine out of the ten states with the highest violent crime rates were Republican-led, whereas eight out of ten states with the lowest rates leaned Democratic.

Homicide rates have also generally been higher in Republican-leaning states over the past two decades, partly attributed to factors like higher poverty, greater gun ownership, and lower investment in social services in those regions. I would also say that the increasingly violent and bigoted rhetoric from Republican leaders has contributed to that trend.

Currently, the majority of the states in the top 25 for per capita violent crime, per FBI statistics, are Republican-led.
Possibly because there is a mass exodus from blue states to red. People don't want to live in states with laws that seem to protect criminals.

Quote:

Lastly, there is a political trend here that is hard to miss. The cities gaining the most people in recent years are all located in states where Republicans have total control of state government. The metro areas that have experienced the biggest population decline, meanwhile, are all in states that are completely run by Democrats.

The media has reported that the 2024 presidential election is a “vibes election” and that policy proposals and records won’t be decisive. Yet migration trends continue to suggest otherwise, indicating that not only is policy still important to U.S. residents, but that Americans appear to be voting with their feet in favor of and against certain polices.

I find it unusual that a complete stranger but fellow blue has offered you a guided tour of his city, and offered you the chance to cherry pick a thoughtful post out of what I’m sure are many, and you’ve ignored both offers.
It's nothing personal. Im just replying to you on your political beliefs. I would have a drink with anyone off this forum.

Possibly because there is a mass exodus from blue states to red. People don't want to live in states with laws that seem to protect criminals.

Quote:

Lastly, there is a political trend here that is hard to miss. The cities gaining the most people in recent years are all located in states where Republicans have total control of state government. The metro areas that have experienced the biggest population decline, meanwhile, are all in states that are completely run by Democrats.

The media has reported that the 2024 presidential election is a “vibes election” and that policy proposals and records won’t be decisive. Yet migration trends continue to suggest otherwise, indicating that not only is policy still important to U.S. residents, but that Americans appear to be voting with their feet in favor of and against certain polices.
So, first you say something false, but do not acknowledge that, and then you quote something, without attribution, that has little to do with per capita crime rates, which have been higher in republican-led states for decades.

By the way, there are many factors for migration to cities in republican-led states, but arguably the most influential is economic: those cities are, relative to cities in democrat-led states, less expensive to live in. And they are that way primarily because no one until recently wanted to live in them because they are, by-and-large, poorly managed, with poor investment in infrastructure, social services, and amenities. And most of those republican-led states (and their cities) are heavily subsidised by the democrat-led states (and their cities)—if the federal redistribution funding was cut off to all states right now, most democrat-led states would have budget surpluses, whilst most republican-led states would have massive budget shortfalls. A few would immediately go in to bankruptcy, such as their dire financial state without government subsidies that mostly come from democrat-led states.

Ultimately, the cost of living crisis—and the American dream of owning a home—drove largely progressive, middle class people to migrate out to lower cost of living areas. Not only did they not bring the crime, they actually brought tax revenue and demand for better infrastructure, social services, amenities, and political change (which, in turn, has lead to policy change). Many of those cities (and even some of the states) have seen moderating trends toward progressive values because of the mass economic migration. They are not voting with their feet for republican policies—they are moving where they can afford to live (i.e. places where there was relatively little demand for housing previously) and then working to change the political environments where they have moved.

The irony is the trend you have incorrectly cited to try to erroneously explain the phenomenon of republican-led states historically having higher per capita crime rates than democrat-led states, that refutes your original claim that you have not acknowledged is false, is itself an example of mostly democrat/progressive migrants improving conditions in republican-led states.

Again, I am a trained economist, so I am happy to go well in to weeds on this.

Last edited:
So, first you say something false, but do not acknowledge that, and then you quote something, without attribution, that has little to do with per capita crime rates, which have been higher in republican-led states for decades.

By the way, there are many factors for migration to cities in republican-led states, but arguably the most influential is economic: those cities are, relative to cities in democrat-led states, less expensive to live in. And they are that way primarily because no one until recently wanted to live in them because they are, by-and-large, poorly managed, with poor investment in infrastructure, social services, and amenities. And most of those republican-led states (and their cities) are heavily subsidised by the democrat-led states (and their cities)—if the federal redistribution funding was cut off to all states right now, most democrat-led states would have budget surpluses, whilst most republican-led states would have massive budget shortfalls. A few would immediately go in to bankruptcy, such as their dire financial state without government subsidies that mostly come from democrat-led states.

Ultimately, the cost of living crisis—and the American dream of owning a home—drove largely progressive, middle class people to migrate out to lower cost of living areas. Not only did they not bring the crime, they actually brought tax revenue and demand for better infrastructure, social services, amenities, and political change (which, in turn, has lead to policy change). Many of those cities (and even some of the states) have seen moderating trends toward progressive values because of the mass economic migration. They are not voting with their feet for republican policies—they are moving where they can afford to live (i.e. places where there was relatively little demand for housing previously) and then working to change the political environments where they have moved.

The irony is the trend you have incorrectly cited to try to erroneously explain the phenomenon of republican-led states historically having higher per capita crime rates than democrat-led states, that refutes your original claim that you have not acknowledged is false, is itself an example of mostly democrat/progressive migrants improving conditions in republican-led states.

Again, I am a trained economist, so I am happy to go well in to weeds on this.
Yes, you've told me you are a trained economist. Still, doesn't alter the fact that people are abandoning blue states.

I'm not reading all that. Can you keep it short and sweet next time? Cheers.

Just outed yourself as even more clueless than before.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.