Donald Trump

If you like a dictator's words and personality, a dictatorship is fine, especially if you have someone else to blame for any hardships.
1704816729475.png

He's now saying the Economy is great because it was all down to him when he left office. The other week it was because people knew he would be the next president. Also he's now said he hopes it tanks in the next 6 Months.

Oh.and they are flying in thousands of Africans to the border. Especially folk from Congo.

He's now saying the Economy is great because it was all down to him when he left office. The other week it was because people knew he would be the next president. Also he's now said he hopes it tanks in the next 6 Months.

Oh.and they are flying in thousands of Africans to the border. Especially folk from Congo.
What happened to the guaranteed recession he said Biden would cause?

I kind of hope he wins his case and Biden has him assassinated then resigns to avoid punishment. In fact, Biden should throw in Ted Cruz and MTG too.

So Trump's Lawyers argument is he was president so he can what he wants.
The oral argument transcript from US vs Nixon (can the President refuse to turn over the tapes if subpoenaed? Decided 8-0 in the US' favo(u)r) is illustrative . . .

St. Clair is Nixon's attorney making the argument that conversations are confidential -- that the President shouldn't have to comply with a request to assist the investigation of a crime, like all Americans. As President, he is immune; the only way to remove him for crimes is impeachment.

I can't recall which judge is doing the questioning -- Thurgood Marshall, I think . . .

--------------------------------------------------------

MR. ST. CLAIR: if I may, an appointment of a judge, it's very important to the judiciary to have good judges. It's not at all unheard of for lawyers to be asked their opinion about a nominee. Now, if that lawyer wants to be sure that he’s going to be protected in giving candid opinions regarding a nominee for the bench, it’s absolutely essential that that be protected. Otherwise, you’re not going to get candid advice. Now this isn’t a State secret, it isn’t national defense? I suggest it's more important, because that judge may sit on that bench for thirty years.

QUESTION: Well, don't you think it would be important if the judge and the President were discussing how they were going to make appointments for money?

MR. ST, CLAIR: I'm sorry, sir, I didn’t understand your question.

QUESTION: Don't you think it would be important in a hypothetical case if an about-to-be-appointed judge was making a deal with the President for money?

MR. ST. CLAIR: Absolutely.

QUESTION: But under your [case] it couldn’t be. In public interest you couldn't release that.

MR. ST. CLAIR: I would think that that could not be released. if it were a confidential communication. If the President did appoint such an individual, the remedy is clear, the remedy is he should be impeached.

QUESTION: How are you going to impeach him if you don't know about it?

MR. ST. CLAIR: Well, if you know about it, then you can state the case. If you don't, know about it, you don't have it.

QUESTION: So there you are. You're on the prongs of a dilemma, huh?

MR. ST. CLAIR: No, I don't think so.

QUESTION: If you know the President is doing something wrong, you can impeach him; but the only way you can find out is this way; you can't impeach him, so you don't impeach him. You lose me some place along there.

{Laughter}

----------------------------------------------------------

The President can't just "do what he wants." The law/precedent is very clear.

The oral argument transcript from US vs Nixon (can the President refuse to turn over the tapes if subpoenaed? Decided 8-0 in the US' favo(u)r) is illustrative . . .

St. Clair is Nixon's attorney making the argument that conversations are confidential -- that the President shouldn't have to comply with a request to assist the investigation of a crime, like all Americans. As President, he is immune; the only way to remove him for crimes is impeachment.

I can't recall which judge is doing the questioning -- Thurgood Marshall, I think . . .

--------------------------------------------------------

MR. ST. CLAIR: if I may, an appointment of a judge, it's very important to the judiciary to have good judges. It's not at all unheard of for lawyers to be asked their opinion about a nominee. Now, if that lawyer wants to be sure that he’s going to be protected in giving candid opinions regarding a nominee for the bench, it’s absolutely essential that that be protected. Otherwise, you’re not going to get candid advice. Now this isn’t a State secret, it isn’t national defense? I suggest it's more important, because that judge may sit on that bench for thirty years.

QUESTION: Well, don't you think it would be important if the judge and the President were discussing how they were going to make appointments for money?

MR. ST, CLAIR: I'm sorry, sir, I didn’t understand your question.

QUESTION: Don't you think it would be important in a hypothetical case if an about-to-be-appointed judge was making a deal with the President for money?

MR. ST. CLAIR: Absolutely.

QUESTION: But under your [case] it couldn’t be. In public interest you couldn't release that.

MR. ST. CLAIR: I would think that that could not be released. if it were a confidential communication. If the President did appoint such an individual, the remedy is clear, the remedy is he should be impeached.

QUESTION: How are you going to impeach him if you don't know about it?

MR. ST. CLAIR: Well, if you know about it, then you can state the case. If you don't, know about it, you don't have it.

QUESTION: So there you are. You're on the prongs of a dilemma, huh?

MR. ST. CLAIR: No, I don't think so.

QUESTION: If you know the President is doing something wrong, you can impeach him; but the only way you can find out is this way; you can't impeach him, so you don't impeach him. You lose me some place along there.

{Laughter}

----------------------------------------------------------

The President can't just "do what he wants." The law/precedent is very clear.
*Was clear. This prick loaded the SC up. Again, the separation of powers over there is fucked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.