Donald Trump

She is a hack that is making a complete mockery of the courts and is not even hiding her deference to Trump. That case has become a complete farce and she should be removed from her seat (and the case) based on corruption and incompetence.

But that won’t happen.
She is avoiding making any ruling that can be appealed as she has made such a mess of this that it's inevitable* she will get kicked off.

*assuming the appeal doesn't land on the desk of some Trump judge.

When flying into Houston, sometimes you deplane onto the tarmac and must walk, outside, to the terminal. Passing from the comfortable, 70 degree, low-humidity airline cabin to the 90-degree plus, 80% humidity plus Houston outdoors - is like stepping into a blast furnace.

For anyone out there who has a bucket list - here's some advice; under no circumstance whatsoever, should you place a visit to Houston on your bucket list! :-)

funnily enough, we have a office out there - always wondered what it was like.

When flying into Houston, sometimes you deplane onto the tarmac and must walk, outside, to the terminal. Passing from the comfortable, 70 degree, low-humidity airline cabin to the 90-degree plus, 80% humidity plus Houston outdoors - is like stepping into a blast furnace.

For anyone out there who has a bucket list - here's some advice; under no circumstance whatsoever, should you place a visit to Houston on your bucket list! :-)
Hands-down the worst big city in the country. Awful weather, sprawlingly car-centric and zero culture.

She should have been kicked off as soon as it became clear her intentions were to drag this out for as ling as she could.
Agree.

It's clear that Cannon is bending over backwards to help Trump. The classified documents case against Trump isn't happening prior to election day, 2024.

If the Jan 6th case seems to somehow get back on track, she could simply schedule her case to begin such that it blocks the Jan 6th case... and then delay her actual start date past the election.

The time to have made an aggressive push to dismiss Cannon was when the documents case first came under her purview due to random draw (two other justices might have been appointed - Cannon was a 1-in-3 chance). IMO, the Justice Department had a strong case to dismiss Cannon given her previous conduct in the Mar-a-lago case which was vacated by the 11th Circuit.

Too late now though - the classified documents case won't conclude prior to 2024 election day, and Cannon might well act to block the Jan 6th case too if that case somehow gets back on track.

Agree.

It's clear that Cannon is bending over backwards to help Trump. The classified documents case against Trump isn't happening prior to election day, 2024.

If the Jan 6th case seems to somehow get back on track, she could simply schedule her case to begin such that it blocks the Jan 6th case... and then delay her actual start date past the election.

The time to have made an aggressive push to dismiss Cannon was when the documents case first came under her purview due to random draw (two other justices might have been appointed - Cannon was a 1-in-3 chance). IMO, the Justice Department had a strong case to dismiss Cannon given her previous conduct in the Mar-a-lago case which was vacated by the 11th Circuit.

Too late now though - the classified documents case won't conclude prior to 2024 election day, and Cannon might well act to block the Jan 6th case too if that case somehow gets back on track.
That is her game but she is basically trying everything to avoid a ruling as once the prosecution has something to appeal they will and ask for her removal. As I understand it she will have to rule on something fairly soon. So this could get going with a new judge over the summer.

To be honest given Trump could have got away with a slap on the wrist here I think he's better getting it done with Cannon. But they clearly want go delay everything. She's doing that well but ruining her career for him. Crazy how so many nutters out there will take bullets for Trump.

Hands-down the worst big city in the country. Awful weather, sprawlingly car-centric and zero culture.
The thing that I find funny is the lack of zoning. Churches next to gun shops next to schools next to office buildings next to strip clubs next to empty lots filled with mud next to grocery stores.

Houston is pretty grim, though the area around Rice University is pleasant, and The Woodlands which is a planned development north of the intl airport (Bush) is very nice. But the weather is atrocious. Humid even in January.

While Houston is definitely one of my least favo(u)rite cities, I would inform those who have not been that Cleveland is called "the mistake by the lake" for a reason. I'd nominate that as my most uncomfortable travel destination. I also loathe Salt Lake City, though the mountains are quite lovely. The city, however, is awful.

Most underrated city in America is Pittsburgh. Most overrated is Miami. Work has taken me lots and lots of places -- I've been in 51 of America's 53 biggest metros, missing only Cincinnati and Virginia Beach/Norfolk.

Last edited:
The thing that I find funny is the lack of zoning. Churches next to gun shops next to schools next to office buildings next to strip clubs next to empty lots filled with mud next to grocery stores.

Houston is pretty grim, though the area around Rice University is pleasant, and The Woodlands which is a planned development north of the intl airport (Bush) is very nice. But the weather is atrocious. Humid even in January.

While Houston is definitely one of my least favo(u)rite cities, I would inform those who have not been that Cleveland is called "the mistake by the lake" for a reason. I'd nominate that as my most uncomfortable travel destination. I also loathe Salt Lake City, though the mountains are quite lovely. The city, however, is awful.

Most underrated city in America is Pittsburgh. Most overrated is Miami. Work has taken me lots and lots of places -- I've been in 51 of America's 53 biggest metros, missing only Cincinnati and Virginia Beach/Norfolk.
Ha! I live in Cleveland. It’s far from perfect, but immeasurably better than it was 10 years ago and is on a steady upward trajectory. It kinda reminds me of where Manchester was in the 80s.
I also lived in Miami for 5 years and largely agree. Great place to visit, but not to live.
My son is at college in Cincy, I was just there on Sunday. You might like it - broadly similar to Cleveland, but made interesting by a topography similar to Pittsburgh (the topography of which is responsible for 90% of its charm IMO)

SLC is just weird. Not much traffic, no real noise at all. I agree about the mountains though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.