Donald Trump

>> We’ll both find out the results at the same time but I’d rather be sanguine between now and November.
From a mental health perspective, sanguine optimism in a hoped-for future is probably optimal. From a cold, disinterested perspective, unfounded optimism is detrimental towards accurate prediction of future outcomes.

Me? I'm not confident either way. I'm extremely hopeful, though - but not at all sanguine at this point - that BIden will win.

Trump is on one of the biggest losing streaks of all time.

2018 - Massive midterm defeat, loses 40 seats.
2020 - First president to not get a second term in 30 years.
2022 - Massive midterm defeat where all his personally endorsed candidates lost.

He's lost to E Jean Carrol, he's lost to Fanni Willis and SDNY, Truth social has gone from 85m users to 5m users in a year, and he's broke and living off bought favours. 86 felonies left and he's dead to rights in most of them. $530m in fines owed and counting.

Yeah he won in 2016 when people thought it was a toss up - but he was the actual favourite in the last 3 elections and he's been kicked to the curb by the electorate.

His campaign isn't even raising enough money to pay for it's costs.

For those still in the Biden-can't-possibly-lose-reality-distortion-bubble...

It's too bad that Whatever-The-Fuck-His-Name-Was-From-Ohio isn't still on here. WTF-Ohio (WTFO) wasn't ultra MAGA in his hatred of emigrants, and presumably of America's role in the world as a leader of Democracy... rather, WTFO was a Fox News, yellow dog Republican - that is, he'd rather vote for a yellow dog running for Republican than a Democrat.

WTFO brushed off Trump's conviction for sexual assault against E.G Carroll, and excused Trump's under-oath testimony that it was OK for a "star" to grab a woman's pussy as regrettable! TWFO argued that, in context, Trump's deposition should be viewed as braggadocio! Unbelievable.

And therein is the trap - we, who are not caught in the right-wing propaganda bubble cannot fathom the possibility that any rational, moral human would vote for Trump. Whereas, reality is that numerous otherwise decent, moral humans are caught up in the right-wing propaganda spider web, hopelessly entangled, and immune to rational argument against their beliefs.

It's too bad that Whatever-The-Fuck-His-Name-Was-From-Ohio isn't still on here. WTF-Ohio (WTFO) wasn't ultra MAGA in his hatred of emigrants, and presumably of America's role in the world as a leader of Democracy... rather, WTFO was a Fox News, yellow dog Republican - that is, he'd rather vote for a yellow dog running for Republican than a Democrat.

WTFO brushed off Trump's conviction for sexual assault against E.G Carroll, and excused Trump's under oath admission that it was OK for him to grab a woman's pussy as regrettable, but in context, was to be viewed as braggadocio! Unbelievable.

And therein is the trap - we, who are not caught in the right-wing propaganda bubble cannot fathom the possibility that any rational, moral human would vote for Trump. Whereas, reality is that numerous otherwise decent, moral humans are caught up in the right-wing propaganda spider web, hopelessly entangled, and immune to rational argument against their beliefs.
1. No one here is in that bubble. I'm not going to say it again.

2. The Ohio guy was a fake account.

WTFO brushed off Trump's conviction for sexual assault against E.G Carroll, and excused Trump's under oath admission that it was OK for him to grab a woman's pussy as regrettable, but in context, was to be viewed as braggadocio! Unbelievable.

I ask again, who in this thread is saying Trump can’t win or Biden can’t lose?

1. No one here is in that bubble. I'm not going to say it again.

2. The Ohio guy was a fake account.
1. Disagree.
2. Irrelevant - his views, fake account or not, are reflective of many most in the Republican party, and not just the die-hard MAGA (some mere 30% or so of Republicans if statistics are to be believed on this account).

He is. It’s not completely beyond the realms of possibility that he somehow miraculously gets elected but the odds are against him.
And you make my point. It's 50-50-ish either way at this point.

It's not down to what you and I believe and watch in the news.

It's not even down to what the majority of Americans believe.

It's down to a handful of swing states; and voter turnout in those states; and likely to last-minute news just prior to election.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.