Donald Trump

I agree, I think we need to bring back shaming people. A good old shaming. Whatever happened to that? It used to be a very effective social tool.

I’m only being partly facetious. Unqualified people are emboldened to speak as experts, people feel they can express ideas which are just ridiculous, they can support the positions of morons like flat earthers, do stupid things for their social media audiences. All with zero sense of shame.

If you want to look at the extreme antipode society where this is concerned, look at Japan. That is probably too far in the other direction but it is a society built on the ideas of honour and shame.

I think freedoms as far as government are concerned are essential (freedom of speech) but it then falls to society and the community to promote behaviours that align with and promote the common good. We’ve really badly failed at that in the UK and US if you ask me where rugged individualism manifests as people damaging society simply because they feel it’s their right.
How do you shame someone who has no shame?

I agree, I think we need to bring back shaming people. A good old shaming. Whatever happened to that? It used to be a very effective social tool.

I’m only being partly facetious. Unqualified people are emboldened to speak as experts, people feel they can express ideas which are just ridiculous, they can support the positions of morons like flat earthers, do stupid things for their social media audiences. All with zero sense of shame.

If you want to look at the extreme antipode society where this is concerned, look at Japan. That is probably too far in the other direction but it is a society built on the ideas of honour and shame.

I think freedoms as far as government are concerned are essential (freedom of speech) but it then falls to society and the community to promote behaviours that align with and promote the common good. We’ve really badly failed at that in the UK and US if you ask me where rugged individualism manifests as people damaging society simply because they feel it’s their right.
It’s not that shame has gone. Ask any convicted paedophile if shame is still a thing! It’s just there’s no shame in lying anymore. Certainly not for a politician. Most of them just lie and front it out. Terrible state of affairs.

My god the level of dystopian derangement from imbecilic MAGA reps at the Fauci hearing today takes some fucking beating...
Nihal Arthanayake made a really good point today about how among certain communities the trust in the medical profession has been destroyed by the opioid epidemic.

First question for anarchists, libertarians, and small government people: which side of the road do you want to drive on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.