Donald Trump

The press are so parasitic. Literally flagging people down who are covered in blood and look traumatised to do some vox pop shit. Happens every time with an event like this. And of course they just give us highly unreliable eye witness accounts that just fuel speculation.

I absolutely hate it and it should be banned.

The press are so parasitic. Literally flagging people down who are covered in blood and look traumatised to do some vox pop shit. Happens every time with an event like this. And of course they just give us highly unreliable eye witness accounts that just fuel speculation.

Musk the worse for me

Minutes after vouching for him and telling his millions of followers he must be the next president

Nothing good comes from this and initial reactions are often very different after sober reflection.

What this bodes in the near term isn’t known, and over the longer term is definitely unforeseeable.

I literally hate what Trump is and stands for, but to even suggest that the murder of a candidate for high office, in a supposedly free democracy, is anything to desire is simply misplaced, shortsighted and naive.

Innocent bystander killed (male, shot in the head) and at least another (lady, forearm and/or hand) injured, not to mention the shooter has been eliminated. Meanwhile, Trump is alive with a sore ear. Who wins in that equation? What has anyone gained in this nonsense?

Another sad day in the long history of American gun violence that will reverberate through history in ways we simply cannot understand today.

Glad the shooter has been eliminated, but I wonder what the cost of his madness will be for America.

Musk the worse for me

Minutes after vouching for him and telling his millions of followers he must be the next president

The whole situation is like moth to a flame for the worst types of people in society.

Of course, I find it hard to feel sorry for a man who would extend no such courtesy to his opponent if roles were reversed. But my opinion of him as a person is very much irrelevant, I think events like this bring out the worst instincts in society. Some cynics will use this and the deaths of innocent people to boost him, some opponents will cheer the violence on. Others will just profit from the drama of it.

Nothing good ever comes from things like this.

The whole situation is like moth to a flame for the worst types of people in society.

Of course, I find it hard to feel sorry for a man who would extend no such courtesy to his opponent if roles were reversed. But my opinion of him as a person is very much irrelevant, I think events like this bring out the worst instincts in society. Some cynics will use this and the deaths of innocent people to boost him, some opponents will cheer the violence on. Others will just profit from the drama of it.

Nothing good ever comes from things like this.

agreed and social media has made everything 100x more toxic.

Faux News reporter like a rabid animal at the event.

The only shock is that it's taken this long for something like this to happen. A swathe of fanatical nutjobs with open access to military grade weaponry and a tool in social media to spread their stupidity is the perfect recipe for carnage. They're a couple of high profile incidents like this away from the start of a civil war.

Biden is now a target for the deranged trump cultists, I have zero doubts they'll be an attempt on his life in the coming months should he commit to public appearances. We've got many, many problems in this country, but thank fuck we are not American.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.