Donald Trump

Sums it up for me. Violence in politics should always be condemned.

Perhaps it’s a perfect example of Jamie Vardy’s first law of communication though.

Trump is an idiot for it, but it doesn't mean this should be the standard. We need to be the change we want to see. Again, Democrats are equally as bad for it:

“Let’s make sure we show up wherever we have to show up. And if you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they’re not welcome anymore, anywhere. We’ve got to get the children connected to their parents,” Waters said at the Wilshire Federal Building.

I can't believe people actually vote for either party. There has to be a better alternative out there.

The statements from Obama, Bush and Biden show the kind of dignity and de-escalating tone that I would expect of Presidents. Pelosi has even come out condemning the violence, despite the fact Trump didn't do any such thing when her family was attacked - instead choosing to mock her severely injured elderly husband ("both sides" - sure).

Meanwhile, some leading Republicans have decided to escalate the tone, J.D. Vance, Steve Scalise, Marjory Taylor Greene, all immediately on social media to blame the shooter's actions on Democrats and tell people to "fight" etc.

It's only going to get worse from here. The risk of copy-cat or revenge attacks has now ratcheted higher and everybody will be on high alert.
Brilliant post. Sadly the aftermath from the respective parties has been predictable.

I agree. Imagine the chaos it would have caused. I’d imagine there would be a huge increase in violence and people basically out for revenge. It would also mean politicians scared of speaking in public.

Posters on here saying it would be better if he was assassinated are living in another reality.
We’ve had four presidents assassinated, numerous other attempts, candidates killed, prominent social advocates murdered and there was chaos but the Republic held together. Politicians aren’t ever going to be afraid to speak in public — people that are don’t go into politics. And lest we forget given the idiot gun/ woe-is-me, angry-at-the-world, I’ll-show-them, blaze-of-glory/limited mental healthcare culture that exists here, we are all at risk of getting shot when we go out for a fucking cup of coffee. But, yeah, two wrongs don’t make a right and while they might be right that the world is better off without him, no ethical human should suggest that him being murdered is an okay outcome.

Inch the other way we’re looking at civil war now

It’s a tinder box
I think the inevital break up of the states is maybe 80-100 years away, no land mass that size has successfully stayed a cohesive and functioning nation for more than a couple of centuries before something or someone has caused fractures in society and eventual partition or independance movements

I think the inevital break up of the states is maybe 80-100 years away, no land mass that size has successfully stayed a cohesive and functioning nation for more than a couple of centuries before something or someone has caused fractures in society and eventual partition or independance movements
Have posited the same previously mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.