Donald Trump

Whatever people might think about Trump, and personally I think the world would be a discernibly better and safer place without him, anyone thinking his assassination would have done anything other than to make matters even worse and divided in the US is wrong. And there would also almost certainly be severe consequences for the wider world following that.

History has shown us previously that political assassinations can unleash forces that cannot be contained or predicted.

This isn't a loaded question because I'm genuinely interested but do you not think those severe consequences are going to be in effect once that shot is taken, regardless of whether or not the attempt is successful?

See the issue here is you believing Putin, and by extension Russia, are amenable to the effects of diplomacy. We're talking about a terrorist state that has now inflicted suffering and claimed the lives of hundreds of thousands of people. We're talking about a gangster that rigs elections and kills political opponents that are a threat to his demagoguery. He poisons expats on other nations soil; remember Litvinenko? Just last week a children's hospital was bombed on the orders of this ****; do these people deserve diplomacy, or do they forfeit the right to diplomacy? Putin is a Peter the Great obsessive who wants a return to a soviet empire, he wants all Slavic peoples and their sovereign nations under a Russian umbrella.

When the wall fell, Russia was on course to be democratised and embraced by the West. Putin has eroded all that goodwill with his insecurity and Russia has subsequently regressed to it's hitherto pariah state. I highly recommend a book called The New Tsar, it details just how gravely Russia has regressed as a nation over the last twenty years: the sole reason is Putin.
If they do negotiate a settlement and have to give up land (I hope not), they should invite any one from those areas to come in live in the rest of Ukraine, whilst simultaneously joining NATO. Fuck Putin and Russia.

Whatever people might think about Trump, and personally I think the world would be a discernibly better and safer place without him, anyone thinking his assassination would have done anything other than to make matters even worse and divided in the US is wrong. And there would also almost certainly be severe consequences for the wider world following that.

History has shown us previously that political assassinations can unleash forces that cannot be contained or predicted.
Politics has become utterly toxic and you have to worry for democracy. Whatever happened to just debating and then adding up the votes?

This isn't a loaded question because I'm genuinely interested but do you not think those severe consequences are going to be in effect once that shot is taken, regardless of whether or not the attempt is successful?
I think the fact it wasn’t fatal means the aftermath is easier to predict and control.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.