Donald Trump

Whatever people might think about Trump, and personally I think the world would be a discernibly better and safer place without him, anyone thinking his assassination would have done anything other than to make matters even worse and divided in the US is wrong. And there would also almost certainly be severe consequences for the wider world following that.

History has shown us previously that political assassinations can unleash forces that cannot be contained or predicted.
I agree. Imagine the chaos it would have caused. I’d imagine there would be a huge increase in violence and people basically out for revenge. It would also mean politicians scared of speaking in public.

Posters on here saying it would be better if he was assassinated are living in another reality.

Politics has become utterly toxic and you have to worry for democracy. Whatever happened to just debating and then adding up the votes?
The cornerstone of democracy is tolerance for other peoples views and opinions. Sadly it seems like the number of people completely lacking this is growing significantly (on both sides of the scale to be fair).

Whatever people might think about Trump, and personally I think the world would be a discernibly better and safer place without him, anyone thinking his assassination would have done anything other than to make matters even worse and divided in the US is wrong. And there would also almost certainly be severe consequences for the wider world following that.

History has shown us previously that political assassinations can unleash forces that cannot be contained or predicted.

Inch the other way we’re looking at civil war now

It’s a tinder box

Politics has become utterly toxic and you have to worry for democracy. Whatever happened to just debating and then adding up the votes?
politics has always been toxic from the magna carta to the boston tea party, boxer revolution, charles taylor and khmer rouge etc.

politics isn't just puttimg an X in a box and even that doesn't bring the true will of the people just a facade of democracy where none really has existed for 2 milenia bar maybe switzerland

I agree. Imagine the chaos it would have caused. I’d imagine there would be a huge increase in violence and people basically out for revenge. It would also mean politicians scared of speaking in public.

Posters on here saying it would be better if he was assassinated are living in another reality.
It used to be loopy right wingers doing and applauding killing now we have the loopy left wingers joining them. Sick fuckers the lot of them. Thank God for Starmer.

There were clearly bad people on both sides. That's what we're supposed to say after a bout of political violence, isn't it?
"There were very fine people on both sides, & I'm not talking about the Neo-nazis and white supremacists because they should be condemned totally."

On the other hand, Biden said this about Obama "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy." Not to mention his "schools are racial jungles" comments and many other. I am not even saying recently.

The point is, one gets (rightfully) called out for his moronic comments, and the other one gets away with it. For me, both are awful candidates, but one gets a pass. it's like the Jan 6th comments. Trump said "peacefully and patriotically" in his speech, but that part doesn't get mentioned. He objected elections like a moron, sure, but so did Hillary Clinton. He is not the first one. Was he responsible for the chaos? Sure, but just a year before the capitol was also under attack when protestors were throwing rocks at secret service agents, trying to enter and go past the barricade, and Trump had to be evacuated. Mainstream media didn't seem to care. This, or when BLM protests turned violent with people killed, cities burned down. When Obama was president, he declared war on cops as well with some irresponsible comments and "incited" violence that killed cops/made them a target on various occasions.

My point being, politicians are idiots, all of them. You don't end up being so high up in the political ladder if you are not a narcissistic asshole is some way. Donald is not special. None of them are. That's just my opinion. There is no "right and wrong" in politics these days. Just a lot of wrong, for the most part.

The statements from Obama, Bush and Biden show the kind of dignity and de-escalating tone that I would expect of Presidents. Pelosi has even come out condemning the violence, despite the fact Trump didn't do any such thing when her family was attacked - instead choosing to mock her severely injured elderly husband ("both sides" - sure).

Meanwhile, some leading Republicans have decided to escalate the tone, J.D. Vance, Steve Scalise, Marjory Taylor Greene, all immediately on social media to blame the shooter's actions on Democrats and tell people to "fight" etc.

It's only going to get worse from here. The risk of copy-cat or revenge attacks has now ratcheted higher and everybody will be on high alert.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.