Donald Trump

Also seems he was an active registered republican from 2021, so not the most expected outcome and takes some sting out of MAGA political attacks against Democrats, although not like reality ever mattered.

He could have been a more "traditional" republican type, despite being young, and could see how Trump had taken over the party. He also could have been a Democrat who was only registered to vote against Trump candidates, who knows.

Either way I think he has just made things worse than if he did nothing, violence is never the answer and yet I still have no sympathy for Trump, I remember how he reacted after his own radical MAGA conspiracy theorist attempted to Murder Pelosi and her Husband and he basically laughed about it.
I view this event in the same way I would have viewed attempts to kill Hitler.

It's not a case of not liking Trump, it's a case of what his re-election will mean for the world. The man is an egotistical narcassistic modern day Hitler. The world made a mistake in not stopping him, it doesn't need to repeat the mistake in the interests of being seen to do the right thing with this orange buffoon.

Ordinarily I would stand beside you in support of your first sentence. In this instance I'm making an exception
I'm just curious, what do you actually think will happen after Trumps re-election that will have such a devastating effect on the world, comparable to when Hitler rised to power in Germany and the nazis started WWII and killed millions of jews? What exactly happened during his last presidency that makes you think this is the likely outcome?

It's not a case of not liking Trump, it's a case of what his re-election will mean for the world. The man is an egotistical narcassistic modern day Hitler. The world made a mistake in not stopping him, it doesn't need to repeat the mistake in the interests of being seen to do the right thing with this orange buffoon.

Ordinarily I would stand beside you in support of your first sentence. In this instance I'm making an exception
People should consider what it means to have an illusion of control they dress up as 'acting in the interest of the world' that justifies breaking the most fundamental rules.

That was the critique of the totalitarians, marxists, and Fascists. The end justifies the means.

It's easy for me to decide I shouldn't take you lot seriously. You are so obviously ever closer to what you claim the other lot to be.

Projection runs rife. I understand how confusing and difficult all this is, but really, people can do better. You will have to do a lot better before I listen without thinking how out of touch this thinking is.

And I'm centre fucking left til I die.

All this needs dicing up again. We can't really win whilst being so lazy. We can't deliver what people deserve. We can't say it's even close to our attempt at the least hypocritical answers possible.

The UK got lucky because Boris and chums took advantage so cynically and on such a ridiculous scale. The Tories practically committed suicide out of shame. We have a chance to rebuild some sort of discourse here.

Right now I'm thinking I'll play that expectation down, maybe some people will be ready in a few years.

You all sound scared, scarred. Threatened and threatening. I hope things calm down.

I'm just curious, what do you actually think will happen after Trumps re-election that will have such a devastating effect on the world, comparable to when Hitler rised to power in Germany and the nazis started WWII and killed millions of jews? What exactly happened during his last presidency that makes you think this is the likely outcome?
I guess you missed the insurrection when he tried to overturn the result of the 2020 election when six people died as a direct result? Or when he asked his MAGA maniacs to bump off his opponents.

This will be an interesting question for moral philosophers.

Can you be horrified by political violence on the one hand, but think 'karma's a woman' when it's someone like Trump or Putin on the wrong end of it?
Yep. Normal politicians aren't murderers or sex offenders. Once they cross that line...

I get why some won’t care it’s not so easy why, in my view it’s a very dangerous road to go down when someone decides i don’t like/ agree with him/her so it’s fine to kill them. If they’ve broken some law that’s why we have courts let them decide not individuals.
And if the law-breaking individual appoints the judges?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.