Donald Trump

For hose saying how did he miss, he was about 150metres away it’s not that easy, think about sitting in the south stand and trying to hit the goalkeeper in the north stand net, to get a head shot with zero training, wind speed etc would be bloody hard, especially if you’ve not zeroed in your sights etc. That he got near him at all is lucky, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was glass that caused the wound for it to be a nick from a bullet would be extremely lucky otherwise it would’ve caused a lot more damage.

If you look at the images of him it actually looks like he isn’t using any kind of proper scope for that distance. He’s basically eyeballing it. Which, if correct, makes what you say even more true.

He was less than an inch away from killing Trump. He missed because Trump moved slightly or the shooter didn't account for the wind and maybe he wasn't a trained marksman = there are many things over 100 or so yards that can result in a near miss
Yeh i wasn't trying to suggest any dodgyness, thanks for clarifying. I know nowt about guns

If you look at the images of him it actually looks like he isn’t using any kind of proper scope for that distance. He’s basically eyeballing it. Which, if correct, makes what you say even more true.
And if you also take into account how quick he would have to be to get up on the roof, lie down get in position and get a few shots off without setting himself properly, breathing etc he’s just pointed it in his direction and hoped for the best.

This will be an interesting question for moral philosophers.

Can you be horrified by political violence on the one hand, but think 'karma's a woman' when it's someone like Trump or Putin on the wrong end of it?

When Americans aren't horrified by gun violence, at least not horrified enough as an electorate to do something about it, why should I be horrified by gun violence aimed at politicians in the US? Are US politicians some sort of special breed, immune from their God awful policies?

So your question doesn't work for me in the first instance. People can philosophise as much as they want, morally or otherwise, but it is surely inevitable.

In the second instance, I have no problem at all with karma.

But I am as much of a **** as most other people, so you may get a better reply from some others.

whats that famous phrase that people use? live by the gun, i forget the rest
"Those who take up the sword perish by the sword." It's one of those biblical texts that Trump couldn't say was his favourite verse.

I suppose "those who foment insurrection may suffer from insurrection" would be a paraphrase. Instead we get Don Jr saying he now doesn't want to hear any more about January 6th, as if that was not at least part of how we got to here.

We think this stuff is consigned to history books but I’d not be completely surprised if the US descended in to civil war. Perhaps not a north / south type conflict that phrase conjures up due to the geography of the divide that exists in the US today but a significant increase in domestic terrorism at a minimum, maybe internal state conflict, or all the way to state on state conflict.

The place is armed to the teeth, the constitution is interpreted to suit if you think a civilian militia is allowed under the second or if that right only befalls the state to provide an organised militia aka the home guard (who are loyal to the constitution that can be interpreted differently). Law is enforced through fear of violence not through consent and add in Russian and Chinese meddling with their bots and what they would get out of the US preoccupied with a civil conflict and you get the sense all the ingredients are there.

I don’t see why Trump would want that but he isn’t helping and Biden barely knows what day of the week it is. It’s a complete cluster fuck waiting to go off, more so if Trump losses as he’s not going to accept defeat with good grace. Maybe it’s already too late and the genie is already out the bottle.

He was less than an inch away from killing Trump. He missed because Trump moved slightly or the shooter didn't account for the wind and maybe he wasn't a trained marksman = there are many things over 100 or so yards that can result in a near miss

Was it really that close? I read somewhere the injury was caused by flying glass from a teleprompter that was broken? May be bollocks like most things I read these days.

And if you also take into account how quick he would have to be to get up on the roof, lie down get in position and get a few shots off without setting himself properly, breathing etc he’s just pointed it in his direction and hoped for the best.
Unless he's shot at someone and hit before, and I doubt he has, I expect it must be hard to not think about the consequences of what the bullet is capable of should it hit the target and then add that to the fact that you will almost instantly be in the sights of a trained marksman and be subject to those same capabilities in the opposite direction.

Add those factors to the pressure he would have been under to fire quickly as he would have known he had already been spotted by the crowd.

We think this stuff is consigned to history books but I’d not be completely surprised if the US descended in to civil war. Perhaps not a north / south type conflict that phrase conjures up due to the geography of the divide that exists in the US today but a significant increase in domestic terrorism at a minimum, maybe internal state conflict, or all the way to state on state conflict.

The place is armed to the teeth, the constitution is interpreted to suit if you think a civilian militia is allowed under the second or if that right only befalls the state to provide an organised militia aka the home guard (who are loyal to the constitution that can be interpreted differently). Law is enforced through fear of violence not through consent and add in Russian and Chinese meddling with their bots and what they would get out of the US preoccupied with a civil conflict and you get the sense all the ingredients are there.

I don’t see why Trump would want that but he isn’t helping and Biden barely knows what day of the week it is. It’s a complete cluster fuck waiting to go off, more so if Trump losses as he’s not going to accept defeat with good grace. Maybe it’s already too late and the genie is already out the bottle.
Trump losing might cause a few weeks of low level fuckwittery in the US. Trump winning would be a disaster for the western world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.