Donald Trump

Some of your stats are extremely deceiving. For example the rate on New York is very low as it takes into account ALL of New York State. I grew up 100 miles north of my city and it’s easy to get a permit especially for your home. Not so when I lived in my city. You are telling me the crime rate, violent crime rate, is worse where I grew up than in my city. No way.

Also I am certain the cdc stats include suicide. While horrible there a difference between that and being victimized by a mope with a gun!!
Of course they include suicide, as that is part of gun violence and accounted for more than half of the gun-related deaths in the US in 2021, according to the CDC. Those should be included.

And, since you brought it up, New York City’s per capita rate of gun violence is actually far lower than Wyoming’s.

@Frank the Yank Here is additional reading regarding the link between stronger gun laws and less gun violence.

And there were a few in here that were arguing that the MAGA-controlled SC’s Presidential Immunity ruling wouldn’t change anything for Trump or the nature of the Presidency.

Cannon is a MAGA-controlled quack, and I am sure Smith et al will attempt to fight the dismissal, but they are going to have a Herculean uphill battle to get the courts to allow any prosecution to proceed given the incredibly broad “official acts” doctrine that the far-right SC has established.

And there were a few in here that were arguing that the MAGA-controlled SC’s Presidential Immunity ruling wouldn’t change anything for Trump or the nature of the Presidency.

Cannon is a MAGA-controlled quack, and I am sure Smith et al will attempt to fight the dismissal, but they are going to have a Herculean uphill battle to get the courts to allow any prosecution to proceed given the incredibly broad “official acts” doctrine that the far-right SC has established.
As he's leading the Jan 6 case at well it will put shade over that one as well.

I hope he's got something in his locker to show Cannon made the decision wearing a MAGA hat.

As he's leading the Jan 6 case at well it will put shade over that one as well.

I hope he's got something in his locker to show Cannon made the decision wearing a MAGA hat.
We can only hope. But, even if he manages to get a new trial with a neutral judge, that judge’s hands are going to be tied by the newly set precedent.

I have a write up going to answer questions about how Trump is similar to early (not late) Hitler in his psyche, campaigning, rhetoric, actions, policies, aims, popular support, and among them is what he did to the Supreme Court in his first term.

Many are woefully underestimating the power his appointments have given not just to Trump, but the far-right in America, especially Christian Nationalists.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.