Donald Trump

That's easy... The prosecution of his political opponent using Lawfare

1. Rico charge in Atlanta. With coordination between the White House and the Special Prosecutor/ DA's boyfriend.

2. Document prosecution by Jack Smith in Florida and DC.

3. NYC prosecution for a book keeping misdemeanor that was toupgraded to a Felony based on a theory never actually articulated.

Ok, I did ask so thank you for sharing your perspective.

Btw you forgot to put Lawfare in capitals.

1. Rico charge in Atlanta. With coordination between the White House and the Special Prosecutor/ DA's boyfriend.

3. NYC prosecution for a book keeping misdemeanor that was toupgraded to a Felony based on a theory never actually articulated.
Wasting your time. There are no vacancies on the Supreme Court.

Let's just check though. On what basis was it legal for a loser president to take secret papers into his toilet in Florida?

The hope for America after this week of Nuremburg Rallies hailing Trump as both hero and victim ((he's neither) is that the Democrats can present this truer picture to the electorate. His base will lap it up this week in Milwaukee and on Fox but the base isn't going to get any bigger. So for the next three months Biden & Harris can tell the truth, emphasize decency over nastiness and put forward a program pledging justice at home and loyalty to democratic allies overseas; do this and people will make the right choice. If they don't, the country has really lost its way.

I'm done with the RNC, though. It's as unpalatable as watching the Anfield Kop celebrate l'pool winning the league on the back of a season of dubious VAR decisions and a series of dodgy goals in the 9th minute of added time allowed by referees wearing red shirts under their kit.

I wonder. I do wonder…
You see, it's not particularly Trump that interests me in all this. I firmly believe and have always firmly believed that there are Trumps all over the place, always waiting to crawl out of the woodwork, just as I believe that there were other Viennese corporals who were disgruntled failed artists (albeit not all of them had an electrifying gift for a certain kind of rhetoric, no, that part was unusual). Just as I equally firmly believe that there are potentially not a few youngsters who, in the right hysterical circumstances and in the grip of an iron, mad ideology, can be moulded into the SS, or a version of it, in any and every society.

No: it's the Republican party in all this, and what it's become. That's what troubles me. I am old enough to remember when there were some senior people in the Republican party who you could respect, even if you deeply disagreed with them. It is the way the entire party seems to have swung behind this demagogue, some later than others, in truly craven fashion, or decided to shut their mouths completely while waiting for other, less baleful times, presumably.
As Yeats would have said, “The best lack all conviction”.
You indeed cannot fool all of the people all of the time. But what has just recently happened in France, where I live (and which France narrowly escaped from, but 10 million people voted for a far-right party wearing foundation cream to make themselves electable, believe it, people), and what is apparently being prepared in the United States is another, more disturbing truth: you can fool enough of the people enough of the time to shift history decisively in a perilous direction, the consequences of which can be foreseen by no-one.

Last edited:
Wasting your time. There are no vacancies on the Supreme Court
Let's just check though. On what basis was it legal for a loser president to take secret papers into his toilet in Florida?
Again, at the risk of annoying @Tugay One Cup are you talking about Biden? You have to be more specific with your claims.

I'd argue there are no colorable legal basis for a Vice President to take classified documents. Yet here we are :)

I wonder. I do wonder…
You see, it's not particularly Trump that interests me in all this. I firmly believe and have always firmly believed that there are Trumps all over the place, always waiting to crawl out of the woodwork, just as I believe that there were other Viennese corporals who were disgruntled failed artists (albeit not all of them had an electrifying gift for a certain kind of rhetoric, no, that part was unusual). Just as I equally firmly believe that there are potentially not a few youngsters who, in the right hysterical circumstances and in the grip of an iron, mad ideology, can be moulded into the SS, or a version of it, in any and every society.

No: it's the Republican party in all this, and what it's become. That's what troubles me. I am old enough to remember when there were some senior people in the Republican party who you could respect, even if you deeply disagreed with them. It is the way the entire party seems to have swung behind this demagogue, some later than others, in truly craven fashion, or decided to shut their mouths completely while waiting for other, less baleful times, presumably.
As Yeats would have said, “The best lack all conviction”.
You indeed cannot fool all of the people all of the time. But what has just recently happened in France, where I live (and which France narrowly escaped from, but 10 million people voted for a far-right party wearing foundation cream to make themselves electable, believe it, people), and what is apparently being prepared in the United States is another, more disturbing truth: you can fool enough of the people enough of the time to shift history decisively in a perilous direction, the consequences of which can be foreseen by no-one.
Yes, sure (to speak to your first paragraph) there've been many right wing movements all over the place in the past hundred years that could have thrown up tin-pot dictators. But the Republican Party has only become what it's become because of Trump. It wouldn't have happened without him. He's done it, Not all alone, of course, but he's the centre and driving force (I was about to say "heart & soul" but won't) of it. He's that unusual, perhaps unique. And the decent people in the Republican Party are gone or hiding, and may never return if Trump Jr. follows daddy into power in a few years; to quote Martin Tyler at the end of City v QPR "it could be the start of a dynasty."

My late and beloved father-in-law used to recall a life-long professorial colleague, a Republican, with whom he had gentlemanly arguments over the respective merits of Eisenhower and Adlai Stevenson, and that was about as heated as they ever got about politics. In more recent times you'll recall John McCain gently correcting a woman at one of his campaign rallies who'd said that Obama was dangerous for being neither American nor Christian. "No he's not" he told her, "he's a good man with whom I have considerable political disagreements." But them days are gone, and it's Trump who's done it.

France has done well, at least for now. Britain too. As for America, I think if Biden & Harris or whichever pair go up against DT get their act together, put forward the issues that matter and stick it to Trump big time, there's still hope for November. "Ya gotta believe" as NY Mets fans say. (Wait - Shea is still there, aint it?)

The hope for America after this week of Nuremburg Rallies hailing Trump as both hero and victim ((he's neither) is that the Democrats can present this truer picture to the electorate. His base will lap it up this week in Milwaukee and on Fox but the base isn't going to get any bigger.
Democrat and Republican always lap up their nominees claims. That's par for the course.

So for the next three months Biden & Harris can tell the truth, emphasize decency over nastiness and put forward a program pledging justice at home and loyalty to democratic allies overseas; do this and people will make the right choice. If they don't, the country has really lost its way.
What truth should they tell?

Biden is just as nasty if not more so. But his real problem is that other than calling Trump names like Nazi, liar, felon or a threat to democracy there really isn't anything else he offers campaign wise.

He really doesn't have a choice. He has to keep calling Trump names as this is just a tactic. He wants the election to be a referendum on Trump, but sadly, of late his errors and seeming slowing off his mental acuity has made this a referendum on him and not Trump.

He has to be nasty and indecent because he needs that narrative to flip. And the election to be a referendum on Trump.

I'm done with the RNC, though. It's as unpalatable as watching the Anfield Kop celebrate l'pool winning the league on the back of a season of dubious VAR decisions and a series of dodgy goals in the 9th minute of added time allowed by referees wearing red shirts under their kit.
I don't understand why anyone watches those things. I'm voting Trump and even I woukd never watch a convention.

They are like award shows with even worse performances. Yuk!

Oh looky there! You learned the new MAGA word they’re so proud of! Bravo!

Great stories, all, but the usual complete bullshit! The White House isn’t the Justice Department (yet!), it isn’t the State Prosecutor's Office of NY or GA, and it certainly isn’t either the Grand Jury that agreed to prosecute the charges or the jury of American citizens that found Trump guilty of 34 felonies.

Which is it? Is it 8pm, so it must be Sleepy Joe’s bedtime OR is Biden so Machiavellian he’s using his infirmity to shield just what an evil anti-American fascist dictator he is?!

The unhinged Right is lucky to have a few followers here so Bluemooners can see how the bullshit propagation game is played.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.