Donald Trump

Because he has different views and opinions to you?
It’s always a red flag when somebody has different views to me. Can’t be trusted. :-)

With Dax though, no, just that his posts tend to be absolutely dripping with faux intellectualism and reasoning and that’s before we get to the blatant bullshit.

The guy is a convicted felon, molests women, has racist tendancies and attempted to cause civil war in his own country.

The man is a loon, a dangerous loon, amazingly the decision for Biden to step down may well turn this election on it's head, America will elect the first Woman president and more importantly make the world a far safer place that having your boy in charge.
I think the conviction is political. And anti-democracy. I came from a country that did shot like this. So I'm very familiar.

He didn't attempt to cause a civil war. That's hyperbole..

I think the belief he is a loon job is a matter of opinion. Liberals tend to believe this. But I don't think he is. This I agree is a low bar.

He is not my guy, his is one of the least likeable President I've ever voted for. But I prefer him, his administration over what the other side offers.

I mean the Democrats are doing everything in their power to save Democracy. Including potentially killing democracy.

It’s always a red flag when somebody has different views to me. Can’t be trusted. :-)

With Dax though, no, just that his posts tend to be absolutely dripping with faux intellectualism and reasoning and that’s before we get to the blatant bullshit.
Lol. That was funny. Who'd have thought you had that in you.

That's why I stay. Even those who are horrible turn out to have some good when you give them enough rope.

Not @SWP's back though. He is lost

Last conversation he mentioned that he went so far as to actually work on Obama's campaign in either 08 or 12, before veering to a 3rd party candidate in 2016, not voting in 2020 and now being full-on behind Trump this time round. Sorry -- I THINK that's the timeline. He said he used to be very liberal but has gotten more conservative as he's aged. But I think something happened -- my bet is somewhere along the line his "contributions" weren't recogniz(s)ed at the level he expected, and so he went Dr. No mode.

Look, in the end, I think effectively every poster among the many who have posted here on and off aren't stupid enough to be taken in by Trump, BUT they are offended that they are somehow guilty by association with the worst of the worst of their "side". And that "worst" is very ugly indeed, as the current situation in the UK attests, as Jan 6 attested, as countless talking heads in the US and politicians in both nations attest.

But the devolution of conservative norms and ideals is what it is -- the GOP has been subsumed by a cult leader and become a cult itself, and there's no getting away from it. Which IMO is why the right thing for truly principled conservatives to do is become Never Trumpers until they wash the stain out of their party, even if it means living with politics and principles they don't like for a while.

But of course that feels like capitulation to the other side to them -- meaning a "loss" -- and they can't bring themselves to do it. So faced with fight or flight, they'd rather swim in a muddy, swirling sea of cognitive dissonance and moral compromise to avoid "defeat".

Sad.

He’s beyond a loon. He’s got full on dementia. Ask the troll how he can vote for someone that comes out with this.

Yep, something point out by Scaramucci recently. He's going to press the self-destruct button.

I think the conviction is political. And anti-democracy. I came from a country that did shot like this. So I'm very familiar.

He didn't attempt to cause a civil war. That's hyperbole..

I think the belief he is a loon job is a matter of opinion. Liberals tend to believe this. But I don't think he is. This I agree is a low bar.

He is not my guy, his is one of the least likeable President I've ever voted for. But I prefer him, his administration over what the other side offers.

I mean the Democrats are doing everything in their power to save Democracy. Including potentially killing democracy.

No comment on molesting a woman in a changing room then ?

The point is the additional burden on the prosecution to prove that an act is or isn’t official when (a) it is as yet largely undefined and (b) evidence gathering can be shielded via other measures available to the President and not to normal citizenry is bad for crime-fighting.

If you believe it should be harder for prosecutors to prosecute criminals that’s fine. It’s just not a conservative principle, historically. But neither is being anti-gun control, so whatevs.
I agree with your conclusions on where the conservative Court seemingly landed. I.e being
anti-prosecution. But I think that's simply because they are balancing conflicting factors here...

Responding to your earlier criticism of the court not answering the question in front of them, I think they did:

The question was "Whether and if so to what extent does a former President enjoy presidential immunity from criminal prosecution for conduct alleged to involve official acts during his tenure in office."

The question was whether he enjoying immunity. That question was fully answered.

1. Yes he does total immunity on some types of official acts.

2. On other types of official acts, he enjoys the presumption of immunity. ( This being the part you don't like coz it seems anti prosecutorial. I agree but I also agree with the reasoning.)

And 3. He enjoys no immunity on non official acts

Question fully answered. Defining official act wasn't in front of them. Sure I'd have been nice if they defined it. But it's actually better practice to let the lower courts carry the load here. They gave guidelines and can use the constitution as guide.

It's a clunky decision because it leaves more work to be done and harshed out. But the political question underlying this whole case makes it necessary.

Like it or not the Trump charges look like law fare to any honest observer.

Last edited:
Reactions: PPT
You wouldn't know objective fact if it slapped you in the face.

Yikes!

Im not crowing about Biden's decline. Just pointing out the obvious that his decline wasn't an impediment in your's and the eyes of many here. But somehow you think Trump's should...

Forgive me for not finding that convincing.

He is thin skinned alright. He isn't a racist. At least not by any standard that won't apply to Biden and other Democrats in the past.

Again, saying I show him devotion speaks to your delusion.

I simply don't agree with your claims about him. And fortunately for me, here in America that's actually allowed ) at least so far). I am free to not agree with your views, ideas and opinions.

And even more importantly, I get to exercise that right to vote as I wish regardless of what you think or want. It is one of the beauty of America.and the West ( at least for now). And if you are an American, you too can freely vote your conscience and belief and then we'd both live with the consequences of the results of those votes

I'm totally happy and comfortable with that. No matter the outcome. Too many here seem to struggle with this. In spite of a constant lip service to the idea of 'saving democracy.'
Peekaboo

Last conversation he mentioned that he went so far as to actually work on Obama's campaign in either 08 or 12, before veering to a 3rd party candidate in 2016, not voting in 2020 and now being full-on behind Trump this time round. Sorry -- I THINK that's the timeline. He said he used to be very liberal but has gotten more conservative as he's aged. But I think something happened -- my bet is somewhere along the line his "contributions" weren't recogniz(s)ed at the level he expected, and so he went Dr. No mode.
No, nothing happened to me. I'm just fine. The people I workef for in 2006-7 were just fine. I just grew up. Irs just that simple.
Look, in the end, I think effectively every poster among the many who have posted here on and off aren't stupid enough to be taken in by Trump, BUT they are offended that they are somehow guilty by association with the worst of the worst of their "side". And that "worst" is very ugly indeed, as the current situation in the UK attests, as Jan 6 attested, as countless talking heads in the US and politicians in both nations attest.

But the devolution of conservative norms and ideals is what it is -- the GOP has been subsumed by a cult leader and become a cult itself, and there's no getting away from it. Which IMO is why the right thing for truly principled conservatives to do is become Never Trumpers until they wash the stain out of their party, even if it means living with politics and principles they don't like for a while.
Lol. I wasn't a conservative so I didn't need to become a never Trumpet to save my party. It's not my party
But of course that feels like capitulation to the other side to them -- meaning a "loss" -- and they can't bring themselves to do it. So faced with fight or flight, they'd rather swim in a muddy, swirling sea of cognitive dissonance and moral compromise to avoid "defeat".

Sad.
But, yes I more strongly disagree with the other side. And everything they do continue to show why Id have no regrets about my decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.