Donald Trump

I don't understand the question?
You said you don’t accept the verdict of a jury, but you believe we all have to accept the result of an election. Not compatible. There are principles which no amount of sophistry can get round and accepting the verdict of a jury (subject to any appeal) and an election is one of them. When a case is over, that is the law. America is still a common law country.
That is the inherent weakness of the SC decision. If you had followed it through as I suggested, you would have been forced to conclude that every case where immunity was claimed would finish up with a circuit panel and none of them would uphold immunity, so it goes to the SC. Do they decline to hear it? Unlikely, it is their law which nobody else believes in. You end with SC and the courts, following precedent, at loggerheads. That is the natural result of not accepting verdicts. Add the Chief justice’s obiter dicta that all special prosecutors are unconstitutional, again setting aside precedent, and chaos results. Watch what happens when the circuit consider the dismissal of the documents case.
Good luck!

Despite the fact he confessed to doing similar things when bragging to Billy Bush.
You're showing your partisan colours again, Biden's accuser had a history of lying. Trump's victim w.as found to be credible and believed and won a huge payout. If it was a witch hunt wouldn't he have been found to have committed rape not sexual assault
Trump has a long history of fraud and lies. The fact that you believe him innocent, tells everyone about the kind of person you are.
Does this kinda argument really work? Oooh " we really know the kind of person you are because you believe she is innocent,."

Stop being childish. Grow up. I don't know what Trump did or didn't do. I know there seems to be a concerted effort to stop him from running for office though.

First they try to shame him, shame his supporters, call him names, try to jail him and even try to kill him. Those are the facts. Again, believe what you want. We have different perspectives. I recognize what I'm seeing.

I didn't vote for Trump in 2020. I agreed with him and his administration far more than I do Biden's. And yet, I voted my conscience.

But it's different now, I am absolutely voting Trump, no questions. I've seen this before. My only regret is I'm voting in a non-swing State. So be happy. It won't matter anyway. But definitely going to vote Trump. Me with all the other deplorables :)

Last edited:
Reactions: PPT
Does this kinda argument really work? Oooh " we really know the kind of person you are because you believe she is innocent,."

Stop being childish. Grow up. I don't know what Trump did or didn't do. I know there seems to be a concerted effort to stop him from running for office though.

First they try to shame him, shame his supporters, call him names, try to jail him and even try to kill him. Those are the facts. Again, believe what you want. We have different perspectives. I recognize what I'm seeing.

I didn't vote for Trump in 2020. I agreed with him and his administration than I do Biden's. And yet, I voted my conscience.

But it's different now, I am absolutely voting Trump, no questions. I've seen this before. My only regret is I'm voting in a non-swing State. So be happy. It won't matter anyway. But definitely going to vote Trump. Me with all the other deplorables :)

Do you believe that Trump was wrong not to condemn people that chanted about hanging his own vice president?

You said you don’t accept the verdict of a jury, but you believe we all have to accept the result of an election.
No I didn't say that. I said I don't believe the story. The verdict is the verdict. I have no say on that.

Not compatible. There are principles which no amount of sophistry can get round and accepting the verdict of a jury (subject to any appeal) and an election is one of them. When a case is over, that is the law. America is still a common law country.
I don't see how this relates to my claim. I never said I didn't accept the verdict..I said I don't believe the story.

That is the inherent weakness of the SC decision. If you had followed it through as I suggested, you would have been forced to conclude that every case where immunity was claimed would finish up with a circuit panel and none of them would uphold immunity, so it goes to the SC. Do they decline to hear it? Unlikely, it is their law which nobody else believes in. You end with SC and the courts, following precedent, at loggerheads. That is the natural result of not accepting verdicts.
You are mashing up multiple things that have nothing to do with each other.

There is no "inherent weakness" with the SC decision... But let's pause for a minute to note who isn't accepting a verdict now... The irony :)
Now back to decision, it's not a weakness that the Court answered the question in front of them and left others not in front of them unanswered. This is a long standing standard that has been the norm forever. The CJ even acknowledged this and gave an obvious reason

"Because we need not decide that question today, we do not decide it. ‘[O]ne case’ in more than ‘two centuries does not afford enough experience’ to definitively and comprehensively determine the President’s scope of immunity from criminal prosecution.”

Meaning it's in the interest of good jurisprudence to actually allow the arguments around the outer limits of immunity to develop in the lower courts.

Add the Chief justice’s obiter dicta that all special prosecutors are unconstitutional, again setting aside precedent, and chaos results. Watch what happens when the circuit consider the dismissal of the documents case.
Good luck!
Ok.

Do you think Trump is sane and rational?
That wasn't and isn't the question. However, my answer to
your question is an emphatic no. I asked the original question because the truth is, that on this forum if opposing
viewpoints are put forward, which disagree with the overriding liberal/leftie narrative then those posters are
shouted down and hounded out. Any alternative opinions, or reasoned, balanced, objective discussion and debate are simply not tolerated. The thread then becomes what it is. It is an echo chamber of around a dozen or so voices agreeing with each other and rounds of self-congratulatory posts from self-styled intellectual colossuses, who are boring and repetitive in reality. The good news is that the football season is almost upon us so we can all get back to the matchday threads very shortly. :-)

Do you believe that Trump was wrong not to condemn people that chanted about hanging his own vice president?
There was a time when I entertained these types of questions. I don't anymore. Think whatever you want. Your choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.