Dont ever doubt Garry Cook again......

MANCIO4EVER said:
frankly, even if none seems to be interested omo, I fail to understand.
first no doubt good name and good publicity come from the pitch acheivements.
whether we get a cl spot this year, we pass over CL round robins and we win the league next year (difficult, but indeed possible), be everybody sure that, even if ceo would come out of backingham palace at the change of guard dressed like a she-male, the whole world will love and clap the club. had you ever been concerned about the almost peculiar habits inside real madrid, or you did focused on star players, pitch performances and silverware acheived? c'mon...
right or wrong we live a mediatic world, the only shame being ignored: what about the andy wharrol's cheap scraps, being assessed (and priced) fine arts?
To be successfull needs top qualified and senior people fitted with rough character: sometimes this lead these people to be uncool and overstating, who cares nowdays?
perahaps anybody wants to continue to be regarded as fine loosers? anybody wants to have back people spending £ 30+m for kind of robihno? perhaps anybody wants to continue being teased by these very cool and classy people like neville and SAF (which in spite of the serious concerns should have either technically and financially at his home, still continue to lays his cheap snobbish look over our side)?
Frankly I fail to understand.
Can anybody argue me with proper arguments?

you are absolutely, positively my favourite new poster in ages. benvenuto.

don't expect proper counter-arguments. if no-one replies it's probably because they can't. they won't stop, however. they will wait and reply to someone who has the same point of view but who has made an obvious error in their argument.

there are the plain stupid posters, those with entrenched positions who aren't interested in engaging with arguments they can't win. there are the casual blokes-down-the-pub who aren't bothered by what anyone says.... but there are thoughtful but undecided posters. hopefully your reason and sense will influence some of the undecided.

mackenzie said:
MadchesterCity said:
THIS

There are also huge markets in China, India, Middle East and Southeast Asia (Philippines for example - they hardle even watch football there!) that are still to be tapped.

If you like it or not football is big business and Cook is a very smart business man!

why all the Cook haters?
I dont get it!!

I dont get it?

(Sighs. Very heavily)

I don't give a Castlemaine 4X what he is doing in China, USA, Middle East or SouthEast Asia.

I don't CARE about "big business."

I couldn't even give a damn whether he knows about the offside rule or not.

I just want him to stop making gaffes in public and to STFU.

There, I have said it. Again.

I just want to watch City on Wednesday without the thought that we have a great big FOOKING GOBSHITE around on our payroll.

Is that so much to ask?

Nope - if you are meaning the screw up with United I understand but it seems to me that it's all about spreading teh word!

OK - we all know and love city but he wants it to be a household name like Mars, Nike, Apple

I agree though - dont really care what he does - just let him do it!

I'll enjoy what happens on the pitch!!

MadchesterCity said:
mackenzie said:
(Sighs. Very heavily)

I don't give a Castlemaine 4X what he is doing in China, USA, Middle East or SouthEast Asia.

I just want to watch City on Wednesday without the thought that we have a great big FOOKING GOBSHITE around on our payroll.

Is that so much to ask?

Nope - if you are meaning the screw up with United I understand but it seems to me that it's all about spreading teh word!

OK - we all know and love city but he wants it to be a household name like Mars, Nike, Apple

Bizzbo

At this moment in time I think I spread Jam better than he spreads the "word." Whatever that means.

I have no problems with the bloke at all, seems a nice enough fella etc and his heart is in the right place. But the Richard Dunne comment did it for me and he hasn't said anything since to make me think otherwise.

mackenzie said:
MadchesterCity said:

Bizzbo

At this moment in time I think I spread Jam better than he spreads the "word." Whatever that means.

I have no problems with the bloke at all, seems a nice enough fella etc and his heart is in the right place. But the Richard Dunne comment did it for me and he hasn't said anything since to make me think otherwise.

But ...

The word is spread, the butter may be on both sides of the toast and dropped on the floor but everyone wants to nibble our toast!!

Lot of bullshit surrounds Cook. He did nothing wrong in New York, and we should be 100% behind him.

Unfortunately a lot of City fans seem to want to be forever loved for being plucky losers. Fuck that. I'm sick of us being losers, and someone (very much in the know) telling me those days are over should be cheered from the rafters.

We are considerably richer than everyone. We have more loyal support than everyone. We have unlimited potential. We have a great opportunity in that we are awash with cash while everyone else is drowning in debt.

We will be bigger than The Beatles... I mean United.

Support the team. Support the owners. Support the people REVOLUTIONISING our club.

Cookey Monster didnt do his previous client much harm with the same approach.
Our owners aim, after getting us to be 1 of the top clubs in world football is to have MCFC self funding and financing and making money, that means that Cookey Monster has to tap, or even bulldoze the current markets and make us the number 1 in the new and growing markets.

MadchesterCity said:
mackenzie said:
Bizzbo

But ...

The word is spread, the butter may be on both sides of the toast and dropped on the floor but everyone wants to nibble our toast!!

When someone brings home the bacon is the only time I will listen to the Cook.

mackenzie said:
MadchesterCity said:
THIS

There are also huge markets in China, India, Middle East and Southeast Asia (Philippines for example - they hardle even watch football there!) that are still to be tapped.

If you like it or not football is big business and Cook is a very smart business man!

why all the Cook haters?
I dont get it!!

I dont get it?

(Sighs. Very heavily)

Is that so much to ask?
Bold statements about what you WILL DO get across to the American market. Talking about what you HAVE done are boring.

And I know, you don't care about the brand. But in case you havn't noticed, UEFA are making bankrolling a club damn near impossible for the futre, so we need ways of making genuine income if we want to make it into the Champions League.

Or maybe you don't care about that either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.