Dont ever doubt Garry Cook again......

I just don't see how having an article printed in the Tehran Times is such a big deal - can someone please explain to me how it is? It's notionally better than not having one I'll grant you, but this is poor example of GC's acumen. If he's brokering deals around the world, fair enough; if he's bigging us up (as long as he stops leading with his glass chin) then that's fine as well, however, getting a write-up in this or any other paper (in this day and age of international, multi-media, news screenscraping software is really nothing to shout about. International or English-version foreign national newspapers have carried such stories (be they sport or finance) for years. It's really nothing new and has very little (if anything at all) to do with GC and should not be used to bash sceptical Blues who love the club more than GC (or any other senior staff) could ever do or will.

Like your posts, generally, fbloke but I think you are overstating the case here... sorry.

bluem0ng said:
law74 said:
So once again this numpty has made us look as arrogant as the rag twots down the road, and in the same breath has done baconfaces job for him for wednesday night.
Get rid soonest please.

Do you actually believe that anything Garry Cook says will affect the motivation of their players?

Let's also ignore the fact he was speaking at a City Supporters meeting and is obviously going to big up the club

Anything Cook says will never motivate our players. That's obvious.

But if SAF has a bloody article from Mr Cook pinned to their bloody changing room wall as "motivation" then Cook is at fault.

Agreed?

Might be hard to imagine, but not outside the realms of possibility.

bluem0ng said:
law74 said:
So once again this numpty has made us look as arrogant as the rag twots down the road, and in the same breath has done baconfaces job for him for wednesday night.
Get rid soonest please.

Do you actually believe that anything Garry Cook says will affect the motivation of their players?

Let's also ignore the fact he was speaking at a City Supporters meeting and is obviously going to big up the club
Fair point, but do we want them kind of fans do we NEED them,do we fuck,ive lived away from manc for years, always found a blue,didnt have to do what he is doing, exiled mancs/city fans just know the script, this bloke wants to turn "soccer" fans, into blues.

Tin hat on but i think our support is one of the best,every exiled blue has gone in a pub/bar and seen the knobs supporting them.

On the plus side i can see loads of exiled blues coming home because of cook ha ha.

Tommy johnson said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Lot of bullshit surrounds Cook. He did nothing wrong in New York, and we should be 100% behind him.

Unfortunately a lot of City fans seem to want to be forever loved for being plucky losers. Fuck that. I'm sick of us being losers, and someone (very much in the know) telling me those days are over should be cheered from the rafters.

We are considerably richer than everyone. We have more loyal support than everyone. We have unlimited potential. We have a great opportunity in that we are awash with cash while everyone else is drowning in debt.

We will be bigger than The Beatles... I mean United.

Support the team. Support the owners. Support the people REVOLUTIONISING our club.
Personally i dont want a city bar in new york,i dont like the route he is going down making us into a "global" brand.

I will take my hat off to peter kenyon, he grasped the idea of manchester united plc and turned it into a global brand,i buzz seeing what he turned manchester.united into,ok i didnt like the winning bit (blame the whisky thats gone) but he made them, now they are a shell.
We dont need supporters bars in new york were city,if he wants a supporters bar put one on rochdale road leave 5th avenue to them.
we

We4

We don't need a lot of things but maybe the supporters in NY, who started the supporters club, were happy to be acknowledged by the club. He said nothing outrageous there. Just his insider opinion of what he thinks will happen to the club. The Utd match has nothing to do with it.

nobody has come close to explaining to me how a club that venerates franny lee and big mal could possibly count modesty as one of it's core values. we've seen it on here today. it means something to some people, but not others.... are you sure it's not just one of your values, as opposed to a core value of the club?

and the tehran times thing is just an example.... this comment has got plenty of column inches in many UK newspapers. it all adds up to people becoming interested in the story and wanting to watch the match, to see what all the fuss is about. that's exactly the way people get hooked, that's exactly the kind of interest this club needs to generate to grow.

Bluemoon115 said:
]

Not questioning your allegiance, but your failing to see the bigger picture.

And I think that is the difference between us bluemoon115.

I don't want to see the "bigger picture" at this time, I want to focus on us winning on Wednesday and going on to lift ONE BLOODY TROPHY.

That is all.

You can look at "world domination," just like Cook......but it is a pipe dream at this time.

One step at a time eh?

mackenzie said:
Bluemoon115 said:
]

Not questioning your allegiance, but your failing to see the bigger picture.

And I think that is the difference between us bluemoon115.

I don't want to see the "bigger picture" at this time, I want to focus on us winning on Wednesday and going on to lift ONE BLOODY TROPHY.

That is all.

You can look at "world domination," just like Cook......but it is a pipe dream at this time.

One step at a time eh?
Ideally 1 step at a time would be the way forward.

But in less than 3 years Platini's new laws come into effect, and we are buggered for getting into the CL if we're not getting that extra income.

Cook, and his co-workers (who I wouldn't trust as far as I could throw) have to start moving their plans forward, and have to start acting on them right now. There is no time for modesty.

Perahps I move too far ahead with the following opinion, but however, pls start by reading this real piece (which is worth a laugh overall) of art from the independent:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ian-herbert-neville-must-stop-raging-against-the-dying-light-1874105.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 74105.html</a>

Then my proposed opinion:
What common people sometimes are difficult to understand is that action/behavior from top sided people might arise from not common/skilfull knowledge of very dark arguments , such us the handling of power.
Now, has anybody already noticed a slightly "different mood" of papers about City? Still very minoritarian indeed, but imo quite clear.
I hardly can immagine that an article like that, so "tranchant" about a flagholder of the still powerfull Utd, would have been written and published last year on a serious paper like independent.

My point is: is the CEO a foul because never played football, or perhaps his overstating action is well aware? It is not possible that this so unpopular way of conduct be meant to warn the media that the balance of powers (in football) is ongoing and, maybe not next year, perhaps even not the next next year, but definitely within 3 years there will be another club ruling over league table and tv audience?

Btw, and specially because of the fact that I joined because I am a Mancini fan, is not a simple matter of fact that City is already at a level where it had not been for last decades, neither when managed on field by the greatest football manager ever: Sven Goran Erikson (the actual very best ever I mean)?
And if this is true as it is, who either than the CEO is responsible for this already acheived success?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.