Douglas Luiz

What exactly does Luiz do, to be compared to Fernandinho or indeed Rodri ?

Genuine question. I watched his friendly for City & thought he looked promising, then some of his games pre Villa. Not studied him for Villa but did v Liverpool & thought he was slow & ineffective in every way. Clearly less mobile than Rodri & not even a suggestion of being able to do one thing Fernandinho does, in fact less mobile than Fern now & nowhere near as good.

Was that him having a stinker, or is that it ?

He's not great at either of those things,no chance he's coming here.
In your opinion, only early days in the season I appreciate, but below stats show he is a decent tackler.

Premier League Player Stats - Tackles

But you are correct in saying he won't come.

If he doesn’t want to come back then I would imagine we don’t go for him . No point signing a player Who doesn’t want to be here .
Indeed but I just wondered if you could force an issue, say we have a deal in place for 10m but could instantly sell him on for double that, is that then legal to trigger a buyback even if the player would prefer to stay at villa?

We loaned big Phil out to a club with a guaranteed buy price at the end of the loan, he scored goals they bought him and then sold him instantly to another team for 5m a profit of 4.4m or something like that.

Slightly different scenario but it was just a thought.

Indeed but I just wondered if you could force an issue, say we have a deal in place for 10m but could instantly sell him on for double that, is that then legal to trigger a buyback even if the player would prefer to stay at villa?

We loaned big Phil out to a club with a guaranteed buy price at the end of the loan, he scored goals they bought him and then sold him instantly to another team for 5m a profit of 4.4m or something like that.

Slightly different scenario but it was just a thought.
I don’t know what to make of him tbh. He played for Brazil the other night but that’s not as great as it used to be because Brazil are not what they were . Sometimes he looks really good but other time’s he is not great . On another point I’d have liked to see more of yan couto who I believe will be world class .

What exactly does Luiz do, to be compared to Fernandinho or indeed Rodri ?

Genuine question. I watched his friendly for City & thought he looked promising, then some of his games pre Villa. Not studied him for Villa but did v Liverpool & thought he was slow & ineffective in every way. Clearly less mobile than Rodri & not even a suggestion of being able to do one thing Fernandinho does, in fact less mobile than Fern now & nowhere near as good.

Was that him having a stinker, or is that it ?

I've never seen him play as badly as you describe.

Youre right in that he is no Dinho,he'll never have his athleticism or his almost superhuman ability to do the job of two men on occasion......but he does posses decent mobility,an eye for a pass,good positional sense and the ability to break up play and subsequently start an attack.I think he displays the best attributes of both Rodri and Gundogan and would definitely be an upgrade in the CDM role.

I've never seen him play as badly as you describe.

Youre right in that he is no Dinho,he'll never have his athleticism or his almost superhuman ability to do the job of two men on occasion......but he does posses decent mobility,an eye for a pass,good positional sense and the ability to break up play and subsequently start an attack.I think he displays the best attributes of both Rodri and Gundogan and would definitely be an upgrade in the CDM role.

If so, the Scottish guy next to him is some player.

I don’t know what to make of him tbh. He played for Brazil the other night but that’s not as great as it used to be because Brazil are not what they were . Sometimes he looks really good but other time’s he is not great . On another point I’d have liked to see more of yan couto who I believe will be world class .
Not played a game for Girona yet though, not sure how many games they have played in Spain, I hope it isn't another disappointing loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.