Doves

You would have gotten today's album easily on the Album Review thread. That, I have no doubt. Very hopeful as Jez notes in the interview above that they are back to both new material and perhaps a tour soon!

Cheers!
I am a big fan as are many on here. Was at the last Maine Road game and remember them being on as well as Badly Drawn Boy. First saw them on the Lost Souls tour in a venue Gornikdaze should know the Wulfrun Hall in Wolverhampton. Never seen as packed then or since. Jimi did a decent solo album and the twins did one as Black Rivers as well. The unofficial 4th member Martin Rebelski did a very good one some years ago. Some people will like the album some people won't. I'm sure whatever happens it won't dampen your love for the band

Last edited:
I am a big fan as are many on here.
I gathered that immediately. M62 song on the Heard that One Before was a great play.
Was at the last Maine Road game and remember them being on as well as Badly Drawn Boy. First saw them on the Lost Souls tour in a venue Gornikdaze should know the Wulfrun Hall in Wolverhampton. Never seen as packed then or since.
Wow, wishing I had seen them back then. Hoping there's still time. I've enjoyed watching the online festivals of footage they've played at on YouTube.

Jimi did a decent solo album and the twins did one as Black Rivers as well.
I've listened to Black Rivers, and that helped during their hiatus. "The Ship" had me harkening back to the band I remembered the most.

I sampled Jimi's solo album too. Liked "Lonely At the Drop" the most.

The unofficial 4th member Martin Rebelski did a very good one some years ago.
I need to check that out, thanks.
Some people will like the album some people won't. I'm sure whatever happens it won't dampen your love for the band
Absolutely, I'm just glad to share it for anyone that missed them, and cheers!

I am a big fan as are many on here. Was at the last Maine Road game and remember them being on as well as Badly Drawn Boy. First saw them on the Lost Souls tour in a venue Gornikdaze should know the Wulfrun Hall in Wolverhampton. Never seen as packed then or since. Jimi did a decent solo album and the twins did one as Black Rivers as well. The unofficial 4th member Martin Rebelski did a very good one some years ago. Some people will like the album some people won't. I'm sure whatever happens it won't dampen your love for the band
I do indeed - it’s recently had quite a big refurb but I’ve not been since it reopened.
Highlights there for me… The Darkness (yes really!!), Pendulum, ZZ Top and The Black Keys. Great venue!!

I do indeed - it’s recently had quite a big refurb but I’ve not been since it reopened.
Highlights there for me… The Darkness (yes really!!), Pendulum, ZZ Top and The Black Keys. Great venue!!
Been to the Wulfrun and Civic since the reopening. Basically the same with a bit of a lick of paint but good venues which the area should have. Beer horrendously priced though as usual

Last saw Doves at Perry Park in Birmingham a few years back when they did an outdoor gig with Johnny Marr and The Coral.
Seen them quite a few times over the years including various V Festival appearances at Weston Park, at the Kasbah in Coventry, at the Apollo and at City's ground supporting Oasis. Also seen them headlining the Warehouse Project at Piccadilly Undercroft on the same bill as Steve Mason and Mike Pickering.
Also got to see Black Rivers at the City Live event at Manchester Central and at Band on the Wall.
Have always been fantastic live every time I've seen them.

Last edited:
Last saw Doves at Perry Park in Birmingham a few years back when they did an outdoor gig with Johnny Marr and The Coral.
Seen them quite a few times over the years including various V Festival appearances at Weston Park, at the Kasbah in Coventry, at the Apollo and at City's ground supporting Oasis. Also seen them headlining the Warehouse Project at Piccadilly Undercroft on the same bill as Steve Mason and Mike Pickering.
Also got to see Black Rivers at the City Live event at Manchester Central and at Band on the Wall.
Have always been fantastic live every time I've seen them.
Those sound like some great gigs and venues with some other stellar bands!

I might be due for another UK trip depending on if/where they tour again if all goes well. My adult son insisted we stop for Binley Mega Chippy in Coventry on our way up to Manchester about a year ago, but I don't think anyone was playing at the nearby Kasbah that night. :-)

Cheers!

Those sound like some great gigs and venues with some other stellar bands!

I might be due for another UK trip depending on if/where they tour again if all goes well. My adult son insisted we stop for Binley Mega Chippy in Coventry on our way up to Manchester about a year ago, but I don't think anyone was playing at the nearby Kasbah that night. :-)

Cheers!

I've been to the Kasbah a couple of times. The other band I saw there were White Lies who sound like Joy Division, despite them saying their biggest influence is Talking Heads.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.