Drying the ball

Its just a throw in lads.

If you spend tens of millions on defenders and goalkeepers the minimum you expect is for them to be able to defend balls into the box.

WD

SSM532 said:
King_Ralph_Blumer said:
It baffles me when we play stoke that we stop the ball going for a corner to give them a throw in.
I think corner is easier to defend.

on the positive side - no more stoke for us this season.

I've had a bellyfull of Stoke to last me a lifetime. God what an awful side to play against. I really enjoyed the game against Liverpool on sunday and sadly I'm not being sarcastic.

that game against liverpool was the worst match ive seen,,and watch stoke takes some beating somtimes

whydelilah said:

If you spend tens of millions on defenders and goalkeepers the minimum you expect is for them to be able to defend balls into the box.

WD
I fully agree with you. But there's no reason why he should be allowed a minute to prepare for each one. It's blatant time-wasting, and we're not the only team to have noticed it.

If he could ping his throw-ins over within the normal 5-10 seconds it takes for a throw-in to be taken then I'd have no problem with it whatsoever.

The game shouldn't have to wait while he takes an age to waddle over from the other side/end of the pitch to take a throw-in.

Dubai Blue said:
whydelilah said:

WD
I fully agree with you. But there's no reason why he should be allowed a minute to prepare for each one. It's blatant time-wasting, and we're not the only team to have noticed it.

If he could ping his throw-ins over within the normal 5-10 seconds it takes for a throw-in to be taken then I'd have no problem with it whatsoever.

The game shouldn't have to wait while he takes an age to waddle over from the other side/end of the pitch to take a throw-in.

It’s the same as when teams take forever to take free kicks (ala Ronaldo last season) or when Johnny Foreigners roll around on the deck for hours on end for the slightest touch etc etc

whydelilah said:
Dubai Blue said:

It’s the same as when teams take forever to take free kicks (ala Ronaldo last season) or when Johnny Foreigners roll around on the deck for hours on end for the slightest touch etc etc

Shawcross is English, what's his excuse?

Not an excuse for losing last night.

I'd just personally like to know if its actually within the rules to do this? I've never seen towels chucked to players to dry the ball before. By all means do it with your shirt, but ffs.

lancs blue said:
whydelilah said:

Shawcross is English, what's his excuse?

Ha ha :-)

Maybe he’d picked up a few things from your lot over the past 11 days ;-)

“We’re the famous Stoke City and we’re going to Wembley, Wemberrrrley, Wemberrrley” :-)

whydelilah said:
To be fair it,s not really. Freekicks require the ref to get the wall 10 yards back etc, a throw in is what a says on the tin, throw the ball back in. But when Pobb takes a minute to dry the ball, get all the men forward, step out his run up etc only to throw it 5 yards it is blatant time wasting and should be treated as such. And then, to take a minute to throw the ball into the box, only for it to go out of play on the other side, he takes 30 seconds to get over there and another minute prepping the ball again you're looking at 3 minutes for 2 fuckin throw ins which should take 20 seconds tops. It's timewasting, cheating whatever you want to call it.

Forget the fact our defence can't defend and our keeper can't catch and that for some reason we were glad to kick it out for a throw rather than a corner, the ref just allowed it to happen all game and i reckon you are pushing 7-8 minutes out of the game for throw ins which is an absolute joke, which ironically just about sums up your style of play and football club.

And while we're at it, Ricardo Fuller is an absolute cnut who i despise with a passion

whydelilah said:
Dubai Blue said:

It quite clearly isn't the same.

AntonDonJuan said:
whydelilah said:
To be fair it,s not really. Freekicks require the ref to get the wall 10 yards back etc, a throw in is what a says on the tin, throw the ball back in. But when Pobb takes a minute to dry the ball, get all the men forward, step out his run up etc only to throw it 5 yards it is blatant time wasting and should be treated as such. And then, to take a minute to throw the ball into the box, only for it to go out of play on the other side, he takes 30 seconds to get over there and another minute prepping the ball again you're looking at 3 minutes for 2 fuckin throw ins which should take 20 seconds tops. It's timewasting, cheating whatever you want to call it.

Forget the fact our defence can't defend and our keeper can't catch and that for some reason we were glad to kick it out for a throw rather than a corner, the ref just allowed it to happen all game and i reckon you are pushing 7-8 minutes out of the game for throw ins which is an absolute joke, which ironically just about sums up your style of play and football club.

And while we're at it, Ricardo Fuller is an absolute cnut who i despise with a passion

He’s a quality player, isn’t he Ric?

Opposition teams don’t tend to like him.

WD

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.