Dublin and the ROI

Dublins a great place, Belfast and Derry are on the up in the north, enjoyed both recently, but Cork is my favourite City in Ireland, cool place and really friendly people, not full of tourists either, watched city do the treble there too.
I've got a friend who moved to Ireland. Went to uni in Dublin and then got a remote job so did a couple of months in various parts of the country. She settled in Cork. Said it was the best one.

You should be able to get a pint of the black stuff for no more than €6 whether in the city centre or further a field.
There’s many a great boozer just the other side of Dame Street that won’t fleece you like Temple Bar.

Or if you’re brave cross the river to the dark, sorry, north side.
Stayed over the river, found a great family run Ittalian / Pizza place.

Give over.

"Are ye roight there Anto?"

Does anywhere else in the world use Anto as a shortened form of Anthony, by the way? I've never heard anything other than Tony, apart from in Dublin.
Met up in Dub with some lads from Galway for a bit of golf a while back
Eamo
Damo
Deco
Jono
Marko
Ger
Rory

We go every February. Leitrim, Cork, Galway the last three. Think it’s Wicklow next February if anyone has any good hotel recommendations. Love the place. My favourite is Connemara. It’s stunning.

I want to drive the Wild Atlantic Way route soon and will plan hotels in the new year.

Dublins a great place, Belfast and Derry are on the up in the north, enjoyed both recently, but Cork is my favourite City in Ireland, cool place and really friendly people, not full of tourists either, watched city do the treble there too.
Did Cork yesterday really enjoyed it the city just seemed to grow as the day went on more bits kept popping up some top pubs were irishness and jiggy jiggy music wasn't thrust on you like Dublin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.