Dublin and the ROI

We go every February. Leitrim, Cork, Galway the last three. Think it’s Wicklow next February if anyone has any good hotel recommendations. Love the place. My favourite is Connemara. It’s stunning.

I want to drive the Wild Atlantic Way route soon and will plan hotels in the new year.
Now your talking.
Myself and the missus plan on doing the Wild Atlantic Way when she eventually slows down, work-wise. We plan on getting a camper van and doing the lot.
Connemara has always been my favourite, ever since my school days and the Gaeltacht every summer.

If you can find John Torode’s Ireland tv show online, look at the episode where he does Dublin down into Wicklow. You’ll get a couple of decent shouts for food and drink in Wicklow.

As an addition for OFC,
Not sure what part of Wicklow your heading for, coast or mountains?

If you’re driving, this is very good.
Stayed there a few times for weddings.

Did Cork yesterday really enjoyed it the city just seemed to grow as the day went on more bits kept popping up some top pubs were irishness and jiggy jiggy music wasn't thrust on you like Dublin.
The proper term is "diddly um diddly aye", to be sure, to be sure. As they say out here in the wesht (that's how they pronounce it), "round the kitchen and mind the dresser!"

The proper term is "diddly um diddly aye", to be sure, to be sure. As they say out here in the wesht (that's how they pronounce it), "round the kitchen and mind the dresser!"
I can cope with it and enjoy it for about 2 songs then it just annoys me and becomes monotonous,

I did Ireland away in Dublin with Wales in the football back in 2018 / 2019 and would back up the no to Temple Bar said by pretty much everyone. The pubs are fine but grossly overpriced.

Ideally would’ve been a weekend match so I could see more authentic Ireland but I’d go back.

I've been to Ireland loads of times for work and to visit relatives. I've always found everyone to be really welcoming and friendly. Dublin is great and the vibe in the city centre is really good and the Guinness is the best in Ireland. I do like the West Coast though and I've spent countless happy times in Galway, Wesport and Sligo. More recently I've discovered the amazing coast around dungloe in Co. Donegal. The Wild Atlantic Way is truly wild up there and is one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.